Monday, October 1, 2007

I'm Still Here (Oct. 1)

Did you miss me?

I've been on the go for the past few days and haven't had time to hit the keyboard. I'll give you some highlights of the past few days.

Friday I found out that the reason I got the text mssg calling me a wh_re is because the person was watching Ugly Betty and it had something to do with the storyline. I haven't had the opportunity to watch the season premiere so I'm still a bit in the dark.

Also on Friday, I went with RunnerOne and his wife and daughter to see Mamma Mia! This was the fourth time that I have seen it and it still makes me laugh because it is so silly the way that the ABBA songs were woven together to make a musical. Believe it or not, there were parts of it that I had forgotten about.






I think the silliest part of the show is when Donna's best friends start singing Chiquitita. The show is one of those things that just leaves a big smile on your face!

Saturday didn't go as planned. I was going to get up real early and go for a run, then go home, clean up, grab The Calvinator and go to Ft. Worth.

Well...I overslept and we didn't leave H-town until a bit after 900A. I should have been better prepared because in addition to having to find a different way to get on Hwy. 290 due to the I-10 closure near the house, I was also dealing with Longhorns and Aggies going out 290 to get to Austin and College Station for football games.

The Calvinator and I made it to Ft. Worth in good time and surprised Joe & Helen. Earlier in the week they celebrated their 52nd wedding anniversary so mi hermana y mi hermano planned on a little get together for lunch on Sunday
There was something blowing in the air in DFW Metroplex because as soon as I got there I started sneezing and it continued until this morning.

It was a short, last minute trip so I didn't let anybody (other than my sister and brother) know that we were coming into town.

Cal loves his Cal Mobile. He slept most of the way coming back to H-town. I guess all of the dance music I played on the way back doesn't bother him.

One of the cds that I played was Probe 20th Anniversary Party. There are some good songs on there: That's Where The Happy People Go; Stormy Weather; Do You Want To Funk; Together In Electric Dreams; and Pandora's Box (just to name a few).

I've listened to Pandora's Box many, many times but I never really knew what it was about. So, I found this video.




This is one of those songs that makes me want to dance around the living room by myself.

So as you can tell, I haven't done much running. Margo and Jake are getting ready to run the Chicago Marathon this coming weekend. They should have really nice weather...at least compared to what we've been having.

Ugh. Just the thought of running 26.2 miles makes me tired!

I found out that Houston's marathon & 1/2 marathon have already sold out. This has never happened this early. I did register a few weeks ago for the 1/2 marathon.

The difference between running a marathon and a half marathon is similar to the difference between commitment and involvement. A chicken is involved in breakfast and the pig is committed.




To run a marathon you have to commit to doing it. It is like a part-time job and to properly train you need to be willing to give up quite a few things. I've done marathons before and I'm just not willing to commit to it again. Maybe if I pick a foreign destination or if I go back to Big Sur I'll do another one. It really would have been nice to have been selected for ING NYC!

Anywho...I was feeling guilty about not running since Thursday (even though I did some weights on Friday) so around noontime I went to the park and did a 3 mile jaunt. Everything was fine until about mile 2 when the sweat started stinging my eyes. You'd think I'd remember to rinse my hair before I go running and make sure that all of the product is out of it. Ouch!

So that about catches me up with some of the things that have been going on. I'll have some additional posts for you.

And Margo, if you're reading this, here is the answer: Last night I dreamt of San Pedro (from La Isla Bonita).

2 comments:

Margo said...

I'm glad you gave me the answer!! Never would have gotten it. Although I have had some entertaining moments inserting that lyric into various Madonna songs. Glad to hear you signed up for Houston's Half in time! And thanks for the good Chicago vibes.

mjr1066 said...

Okay...I saw the premiere and I don't recall any moments that would warrent calling you that...you'll have to share what you find....