Saturday, October 13, 2007

Birthday Greetings

Birthday Greetings go out to The Fabulous Miss Jolie Shay (TFMJS)! I have known TFMJS for 10 years. I met her through The Former Houstonian Greg.

I have many favorite stories about TFMJS. The first time that she helped me move she was amazed at how many shoes and cds I have. What can I say?

TFMJS is from Detroit and doesn't like people telling her how to drive...especially a car full of meauxs. She makes me laugh (and she likes to imitate my laugh!). :-)


This picture is a bit out of focus. It was taken at Tropical Depression #46.

In Other News:

We are having awesome weather today. When I took The Calvinator out for his morning stroll it was a bit cool. In my running dictionary I would define it has perky nipple weather.

I took my happy ass out to Memorial Park this morning for a 7 mile jaunt. It has been a few weeks since I've done 7 and I probably could have done 8 but I didn't want to over do it. And knowing that it was perky nipple weather, I made sure to put on some Band-Aids because I hate bloody nipples.

Will Run For Martinis commented on her blog the other day about the fair weather runners who mob Memorial Park when the weather turns nice. Well, they were out in full force this morning.

Granted, I don't own the park so I can't put up a velvet rope and decide who gets to run so I just deal with it even though today:

1. Some dude elbowed me when he tried to pass me;

2. Some man decided to use me as his pacer (OK folks, I'm not a fast runner so why are you going to use me as your pacer????)

3. There was a lady with her dog (no big deal) BUT she had a frickin' retractable leash and the dog was doing zigzags all over the place. SHE almost tripped on the leash not to mention all of the other people who trying to avoid the frickin' retractable leash.
SIDEBAR: I'm not the Dog Whisperer but if I were I'd use my influence and outlaw retractable leashes. What good are they? It doesn't teach the dog anything. Prior to me taking ownership of The Calvinator he had a retractable leash. I put an end to that but I still had to retrain him to walk with a regular leash. So I bought a $35 bungee leash and after a couple of months he no longer jerked my arm out of its socket and we were able to use a regular leash.

I'm happy to report that Architect Todd was out there this morning. He is training for his first marathon and is KW. AttyHou has kept him in the loop about what happened in Chicago last weekend. Let's hope it doesn't scare him.

Randy in the 019 had a sectional couch to donate to Legacy's Resale Store. After I cleaned up we made a couple of trips and delivered it to the store.

Just as a reminder to everyone, the store can always use donations. So when you're cleaning out your cupboards & closets do not forget about the store. Or, if you're getting new furniture and don't know what to do with the old stuff, give it to the store.

I was getting ready to head over to the art festival when my phone rang. It was Montrose/Midtown David. He treated me to lunch at Otto's. Good burger!

I left Otto's and was heading toward downtown when I realized that I had left my Nike bag at the restaurant. It had my glasses, billfold and some other things in it. On my way back to the restaurant I was praying that it was still there.

I was also hoping that I had paid it forward. You see, last week at Design Within Reach I found a Blackberry and turned it in. On Monday, I found an iPod at Memorial Park and actually found the guy who had lost it. So yes, the bag was there and everything was still in it.

So yes, I made it to the art festival but I'll do a separate post about that once I get the photos ready.

BTW, #17 Kentucky just beat #1 LSU.

2 comments:

Margo said...

I can't stand the retractable leashes on the park trail if the owners aren't keeping their pup in check! Can't stand the people that walk/run 3 abreast on the trail and look at you like you're getting in their way either. Are you going to do the Houston Half or the relay on Oct. 28th?

Timmy said...

Margo: Not sure that I can knock out 13.1 miles in a couple of weeks. I've really been slacking. I'm good for about 8 right now but behind that, hmmm....