Sunday, October 7, 2007

Birthday Greetings (belated)

It's been a few days since I've had time to compose a post and I REALLY meant to get this one done yesterday but the day got away.

Belated birthday greetings to Ft. Worth Robb!

I have known Robb since the early '90s when we both had big hair. Robb was working at a contemporary gift store in Ft. Worth named infini. The owner of the store was the first person to sell some of my handmade cards. Robb was my best salesman because he would tell customers that the he knew the artist. :-)

One time we traveled with another friend to New York City. We were staying in the friend's company's corporate apartment in Midtown Manhattan. It had an L-shaped balcony and we were high up in the building. In one direction you could see lower Manhattan and if you went around the corner you could see the Chrysler building...like right there!

Robb and I would stand on the balcony and do a recreation of the opening scene from Green Acres. I'll let you guess who got to be Lisa Douglas (Eva Gabor).




Robb has also been a big supporter of Kaye Sedilla. Here is a photo of him from Kaye's '06 appearance in Houston. He was one of her "bois" for the number.

Once again, Happy Birthday Robb!

No comments: