Thursday, October 11, 2007

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 5.0


This morning when I woke up I thought the air conditioner was broken. I am so accustomed to the sound in the background that it is a little startling when I don't hear it. I also knew that it had to be nice outside because there was no condensation on windows on the inside of the house.

I went to Memorial Park this morning for a little 4 mile run. It was 66 degrees and the humidity was only 60someodd %! It was nice.


Even with the cool temperature I did break a sweat. I've always been a bit on the warm/hot nature side.

When I finished, I noticed I had steam coming off of my upper torso. I wasn't the only one. Several of us had swirls of steam going on around us. It reminded me of Pig Pen from Peanuts except he always has a swirl of dust and dirt going on around him.

Back to the no noise from the a/c thing though...

A couple of years ago I flew to SFO and met up with my friend Berkeley Steve. From there we drove to Donner Lake with his partner and one of their friends. (Donner Lake is in the Lake Tahoe area.)

Steve's mom has a house there and it was so quiet, peaceful and beautiful.

The first night we were there I woke up in the wee hours of the morning and I swear I had lost my hearing. I couldn't hear anything! Well that's because there was nothing to hear! It was the weirdest feeling. I'm so accustomed to the hum of an a/c or the hum of traffic.

So once I realized I hadn't lost my hearing I looked out and the moon was so bright and the sky was so clear it looked like there were lights on outside but there weren't any.

Then I scared myself into thinking that I might see the bear that had been hanging around the house. I figured if I was on the 2nd floor I'd be safe. And then I jumped in bed, pulled the covers over my head and waited for the bear to break into the house.

All in all it was a very nice trip.

I rec'd an email today from one of my readers who says that Rick Salomon has a big one. So if size matters to Pamela Anderson and if he knows how to use it then I guess I'll change my prediction to 1-2 years for the length of their marriage.

No comments: