Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Would you hurry up and lay that egg already!

Believe it or not I actually made it to LeFittes tonight to do some weights. It had been 7 days since I have been there (I keep a log of every time I walk The Calvinator, run, spin, and do weights) and I was surprised when I noticed that tonight.

Anywho. There were some new faces there. Another gym is a bit behind in making their move to a new location and their members are using other gyms in the interim.

So after I left the gym I decided to stop at JAX Grille to get a bite to eat. It wasn't crowded but there were people there and the televisions were tuned into different sporting events so my point is: there was noise.

At one long table it looked like some type of family birthday celebration was going on. Good time was being had by all. However, one lady was having too good of a time. She had a couple of beer bottles in front of her, which is fine. When she laughed you could hear it all over the restaurant and it was a cackle and it was frequent and it was annoying.

I really was waiting for her to lay an egg.

In other news:

RunnerOne was in my mailbox today; well sorta. He is the full page cover for the new edition of Inside Texas Running. His story about running in Death Valley this summer is the feature story. If you don't get a subscription to the magapaper, you check out his website and read the story.

A 135 mile run from 282 feet below sea level to 8360 feet above sea level. Crazy I tell you! :-)

Have you been outside tonight!!!!???? At 900P it was 77 degrees but the humidity is only 41%. I took The Calvinator out for his quick pee and the weather was wonderful! Let's hope it stays around for awhile. Maybe October really is here?

Anyone taking bets on how long Pamela Anderson will stay married? LOL Let's see. It is the third marriage for her and the third marriage for Rick Salomon.



So when people say that they want to pass a law that defines marriage as only between a man and a woman and it is to protect the sanctity of marriage and defend it and blah, blah, blah...I look at people like Pamela & Rick or Elizabeth Taylor (married 8 times and OK, one of her husbands died) or Zsa Zsa Gabor (married 9 times with one annulment) or Donald Trump (married 3 times) or Britney Spears (married 2 times and let's see the first one lasted 55 hours and then was annulled because they didn't know what they were getting into, blah, blah, blah).





So if anything should be done to defend and protect the sanctity of marriage between a man and a woman how about outlawing divorce? Once you're married you're married and that's it. HA! That will show you. :-)

And although Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie may not be the poster children for marriage, Brad has said that they will get married when everyone can get married. I guess we know where they stand on the issue.

That's how I see it from 30,000 feet. At ground level I can see the intricacies and things that need to be worked through, etc. There's quite a bit more I could say about this subject but I'm getting way off track. :-) So back to my original question: How long will Pamela & Rick's marriage last?

I say 6 - 8 months.

1 comment:

"Tommy" said...

Hmmmm

Ms Britany needs to watch her tummy. In the pic you have its sticking out a lil bit. If she was fifty and done making babies, I could see it.

She just better get back to her roots in Kentwood, La.

press her bare feet into that pasture and get on with life.