Friday, October 12, 2007

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 5.1

Real quick. The discussion about the Chicago Marathon fiasco continues. I just read this on Dean Karnazes's blog. Dean is an ultra-runner which means he runs distances that I can't even fathom.

I wonder if the Chicago Race Director has read Dean's advice. "#4: Pour water on your head..."

AttyHou is still waiting for Mike Downey to reply to him. Mike is the columnist that made some inappropriate remarks. AttyHou was supposed to be there to run Chicago but hadn't trained so he didn't go. AttyHou has run Chicago before. He is also a former resident of The Windy City so he was more offended than I was by Mike Downey's remarks.

In other news:

I made it to Spin Class yesterday. Not sure what was wrong. I just didn't have my groove going. I broke a sweat and was wet when I left but it was not like previous sessions.

Since it had been a few months, maybe subconsciously I was holding back? Not sure.

In case you forgot, the art festival is going on this weekend. The weather should be fab-u. So I'll probably head downtown and stroll around.

AttyHou called last night and gave me a fab-u idea for a Halloween costume. I found some of the items today. We're invited to a party next Friday so that gives me time to embellish the costume.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

1 comment:

Margo said...

Can't wait to hear if that jack#@$ columnist responds to your friend's comments. I thought of sending a comment but couldn't get past the obscenities. :)