Monday, October 22, 2007

It might be time

...to switch from an Iced Grande Sugar-free Vanilla Non-fat Latte. You see, the temperature is supposed to drop several degrees. Hopefully it will stay cool for a few days and if it does I'll switch to a hot latte.

I met runnerOne this morning at Memorial Park. Yep. It was another 500A run. It was 77 degrees and 75% humidity. In spite of our allergies we had a good run. He didn't tell me until we got to the 1.5 mile mark that we were going to do a negative split.

Let me 'splain. A negative split means that the second half of your run needs to be faster than the first half; even if it is 2 seconds faster it still counts as a negative split. About 1/2 a mile into the second part of our run I knew we were going to be faster, I just didn't how fast. Turns out I knocked 1 minute and 33 seconds off of the first half. Not bad for a 500A run. And I was drenched from sweat. It wasn't real pretty.

I was actually sorta regretting having Bottomless Mimosas at brunch yesterday with TFMJS. Over consumption of alcohol usually doesn't help my running.

I owe you some photos from the art festival last week and some photos from Friday night. I'll get to those soon.

No comments: