Thursday, October 4, 2007

Fais Do Do (Oct. 6)

I hope you're planning on joining us this Saturday night for some music, homemade Cajun food, adult beverages and lots of fun.

Blaine and I spent today making groceries. Other Krewe members picked up the ingredients this evening to make Jambalaya, Etouffee, Gumbo, Red Beans & Rice and Bread Pudding. Does it get much better than that?

I'm picking up the liquor and beer on Saturday so I hope y'all will be thirsty!

$25 will get you food and a free drink. A cash bar will be available for additional adult beverages and soft drinks.

The party takes place on Saturday, October 6 from 700p - 1100p at Winter Street Studios (2101 Winter Street, Houston, TX 77007). This is south of I-10 and north of Washington (by the railroad tracks) and in the vicinity of the Target near downtown.

And before I forget, there will also be a Silent Auction and a raffle for a 40" flat screen television.
Proceeds from the event go to the Krewe and its designated charities.

For more information, click here.

2 comments:

"Tommy" said...

don't you feaux coon asses cook in black iron pots, or should i send you one suga....

all i see in the pics are aluminum pots.....please...

no self respecting coon ass from avoyelles parish would cook in aluminum pots...

bring on the black iron

wish i could be there....but i am still in new mexico.....

Timmy said...

Well those are photos that I lifted from different websites. To real pics of the food I would have to travel around town and get into folks' kitchens. I was too busy getting the stuff for the bar which could be argued is more important than the food. ;-)