Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Flashback!

Wow! I just remembered something.

Five years ago today I was packing my bags and getting ready to leave for Sydney. I wasn't concerned about Halloween because my itinerary had me leaving for LAX around 700P and then catching an 1100P flight to SYD.

In theory, I never should have seen Nov. 1, 2002. However we had a flight delay and I spent part of the evening in the Qantas Club watching live coverage of the Halloween festivities in WeHo.

It was well past midnight before we boarded the plane and took off for SYD. If I remember correctly, that was an 18 hour flight and after a few cocktails I went to sleep. Missed out on most of the food service in Business Class.

I did get up a few times and walk around and let me tell you...there's nothing like an 18 hour cocktail party at cruising altitude of 30K feet!

I was more concerned about being rested, not drunk and ready to hit the ground running when I met with Steve and Baron in SYD.

That was a fun trip and I would love to go back to SYD. I *heart* Sydney!

3 comments:

Margo said...

Timmy -
I put more info about the Farmer's Market on my blog. Also, copied this from TTR's website: The Houston Cellar Classic presents: The Taste of Uptown Park Farmers' Market

« Free admission

« 12:00 – 3:00 p.m., The Tasting Room at Uptown Park, 1101-18 Uptown Park Blvd.

« The Tasting Room bar will remain open until 10:00 p.m.

The first of its kind in the Houston Galleria/Uptown Park District. Visit The Tasting Room at Uptown Park and experience a farmer’s market where you can sample fresh produce, cheeses, chocolates, breads, and much more. Numerous vendors from around the state will converge at Uptown Park for this exciting event. Grab a glass of specially-priced wine from The Tasting Room’s beautiful bar and peruse the vendors’ booths inside and outside the venue.

Later that afternoon at 4 pm, my husband and I are doing the "How to Blind Taste like a Master Sommelier". Tickets are $40.

Looked for your name and pic in the society section of Lifestyle this morning since they had a big write-up about the Halloween party you went to last week!

Timmy said...

Margo: Thanx for the info. I'm going to be going through detox (Saturday evening will be about lots of adult beverages) on Sunday. So strolling around Uptown Park might be just what the doctor ordered. What time will you be there? I'm thinking 1:30p or so might be a good time for me.

Margo said...

I will definitely be there at 1:30. I'll probably get there no later than 1. I'll send you my blackberry address on your email so just text, call or email me when you get there.