Wednesday, October 3, 2007

1, 2 Step + Bayou City Vice

I feel like I've been doing a f____ing Cha-Cha the past few days. In fact today, when I pulled back into the parking lot to meet with the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission I started humming 1, 2 Step by Ciarra with Missy Elliott because this is where it all started on Monday.
OK. Just the word Alcoholic probably put some of you on alert! Some of you may have started laughing when you read TABC and thought kid in the candy store. Let me 'splain.

Krewe of Olympus is having a Fais Do Do on Saturday and I'm in charge of the bar. (I can hear the chuckling right now.) Because we're selling adult beverages we need a liquor license and well guess who got nominated? Yes, moi: The Betty Ford Clinic dropout.

The TABC doesn't make it easy on anybody to get a license...not even a one day, non-profit license. To begin with the form isn't on their website so you have to go get it from them BUT you can't complete it while you're there because everybody and their uncle has to sign a form and one form has to be completed 4 times (no copies) and each of the 4 forms has to be notarized.

In order to get the license you have to make sure that you have all of the documents signed, along with Articles of Incorporation, a Cashier's Check, and other stuff. So it's like doing the Cha-Cha. If you don't follow every step, then Carrie Ann Inaba, Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli won't let you advance to next round and you don't get your liquor license.





One of the forms requires that you have to go the Houston Police Dept.-Vice Squad. LOL Yes. Me sitting in the Vice Squad Office today. Oh if they only knew...

I was sorta hoping that I'd sit there and get a good look at all of the cops so that I could out them later but well that didn't happen.

The receptionist took the form from me and brought it back signed. One cop did come out into the reception area and he looked a little surprised that I was sitting there. He made a quick exit.

So I did get the license. There were two minor hiccups but I quickly took care of them (and those things were NOT in the instructions!).

Trust me. This ain't over yet. Now I get to ORDER the liquor! (I'm starting to salivate.) It's 5:00 somewhere, isn't it? ;-)

Before doing my 1, 2 Step Cha-Cha today I did get a quick jaunt in at Memorial Park. Also got a run in yesterday AND a weight workout at LeFittes. MAYBE, just MAYBE I'll do a spin class tomorrow. I think I overdosed on spinning this past summer.

The good thing about being in the car for a good portion of the day is that I had the opportunity to listen Annie Lennox's new cd Songs Of Mass Destruction. I enjoyed it the first time I listened to it. After a few more times of listening to it I'm sure I'll have more of an opinion.


2 comments:

"Tommy" said...

if i was returning from SF this weekend....I would stop in and donate to that great and worthy cause.

but i not.

here for another week.

greeting from the Krewe of Z (alexandria, la) to the Krewe of O.

hugs

tommy

AlanTheRealtor said...

i love annie lennox!!!