Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Ramblings Of A (Double) Caffeinated Mind 5.2

I'm sitting here at the office and I guess I look like I need another Iced Grande Sugar-free Vanilla Non-fat Latte because someone just handed me another one; complementary no less.

My alarm clock went off at 342A this morning. I hit the snooze once and when it went off again I knew that I had to get out of bed. You see, I was meeting runnerOne at 500A today for a jaunt around the park.

I have a Rubber Maid bin full of running shorts right next to my bed so pretty much what I do is roll out of bed, land on the bin and get a pair of shorts, crawl to the armoire and get a shirt and then start the morning routine.

The Calvinator was looking at me like "WTF is going on?" so he jumped on the bed and went back to sleep while I brushed my teeth. Eventually he realized this wasn't a joke and that we would be walking out the door for a walk.

Get this. At 416A when we started our walk, it was 77 degrees and 80% humidity. Once again, I must ask, "WTF?" Wasn't it just in the 60's a few days ago with low humidity? I was even humming Barry Manilow's When October Goes. Guess I need to change that tune to Summertime. I should have gotten a clue when I noticed the condensation on the inside (EDIT: I meant to say outside not inside) of the windows.

runnerOne was actually surprised to see me at 500A. I was right on time. We had a slow 3 mile run this morning. His legs were heavy and my right knee was bothering me. So picture two old, cripple men running in 80% humidity in the dark complaining about our ailments but yet talking about upcoming running/triathlon events. I'm not gonna complain about the slow run because I had a good 4 mile run yesterday morning and even made it to LeFittes later in the day to do some weights.

I was home before 600A and I was soaked from sweat. I awakened The Calvinator.

So what does a person do when you have an hour to kill? You putz around. You see, doggy daycare doesn't open until 700A and there wasn't any sense in going back to bed. So I cleaned up and putzed.

I have a lunch meeting today and I'll have to get a bit dressed up for it. Not sure that cargo shorts and knit shirt would be appropriate attire for the restaurant.

And speaking of meetings, I had another one of those warm-fuzzy feelings last night after a meeting. The group of us who are working on World AIDS Day Houston met last night and things are beginning to gel. We're going to meet our print deadline and one of the guys is getting ready to launch our website. Another guy has written an awesome press release.
What I like about this group is that you have a diverse group of people with a common interest working together to meet a goal. I am really glad that I am getting to know these people. Some of them I had never met prior to getting involved with this group. Others, I knew of them and only 2 or 3 I actually knew.

In other news:

It was brought to my attention that someone actually thought I had been attacked by tsetse flies. Rather than admit that I'm old and tired and I tend to sleep more than I used to I like to blame it on the tsetse fly.

So that's it for now bois and gurrrls. Need to scoot. That 2nd Iced Grande Sugar-free Vanilla Non-fat Latte just kicked in and I'm raring to go! I can't type fast enough.

No comments: