Thursday, November 1, 2007

Roaches and poop. What else for today?

Today has been an odd day that didn't get off to a good start. The Calvinator was up all night barking at something. If it only lasted a few seconds, I wouldn't get up. If it continued for more than a few seconds, I got up to look out. Never saw anything.

At one point, I could feel something tickling the back of my neck. Then it was the side of my face. Minutes passed and it started up again. I finally decide to wake up. I look at the clock (530A) and turn on the light. It was a huge @ss, frickin' Palmetto Bug (which is the nice name for a Wood Roach!) WTF? So of course I screamed like a girl and it disappeared.

Well there was no way I was going back to sleep knowing that this thing was in the bedroom. (The Calvinator was trying wake up and figure out why I was making noises. He was in the bathroom just staring at me.)

So I see the bug again but I don't have anything to smush it with and it disappears. The next time I see it it is back on the bed and I grab a shoe and knock it to the floor and smush it. So now I'm wide awake. Screaming like a girl will do that.

Fast forward through the morning ritual. I get to Memorial Park for a 3 mile run. I did 3 yesterday at lunch time and even did weights in the evening. I'm really proud of myself. This morning's run felt like 6 miles. My quads were hurtin'.

I finish the run, get to The Cal Mobile, look down and f_ck! I had fresh poop on my right shoe! And it was everywhere. UGH!

Fast forward through the details, cleaning up and finally getting to read the paper. The first thing that I notice is a story about Chau Nguyen leaving Channel 11. First Lisa Foronda and now Chau? Hmmm.

Then I see a huge @ss write up about the party this past Friday night. Of course I'm not in any of the photos in the hard copy OR the electronic version. Then I get to the HOroscopes and mine is a 2-star day. I knew I should have stayed in bed today...but there was that thing about the Palmetto Bug.

So with all this going on people are working my nerves and they don't know what I have been through. And yes, in the big scheme of things, roaches and poop don't really matter.

Today is All Saints Day which for us Roman Catholics is a Holy Day of Obligation. At the last minute I decide to run over to St. Anne's for the 1200p Mass and it was crowded. If I had thought about it I would have made a list of patron saints to pray to so instead I said a prayer for everyone that I know who has lost a close friend or relative in the past year and for all of my friends and relatives who have passed away.

I figure going to Mass in the middle of the day might calm me down and it did. However, I guess I wasn't listening very well because during the intentions, I thought I heard the priest say, "For all those who are trying to live a life of sanity." when he actually said, "For all those who are trying to live a life of sanctity."

Maybe I should go back to bed!

1 comment:

Margo said...

Oh this post was too funny! Glad your day got better!