Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 1.0

When I last spoke of the weather, I said that it was going to rain on Monday and Tuesday. Well it rained somewhere in Houston but not on me.

Guess I shouldn't have been feeling so cocky 'cause I got my due about 230A or so this morning.

OMG! The house was shaking and it was lit up in that electric blue-white light that only comes with lightning.

At one time, Jim and I lived much closer to Memorial Park. We were always getting hit by heavy storms. I'm not as close to the park but close enough and now I'm closer to the bayou. I'm beginning to think Mother Nature is upset that so much development is going on in NoRO and she is making us pay the price.

Without me even calling him, Calvin jumped on the bed with me to ride out the storm. I kept thinking we would lose power; we didn't. However, later on in the morning I would discover that the the office had lost power.

Because the rain continued for awhile, I had to delay Calvin's morning walk. I debated about going for a run. Ended up going and sure enough Yoga Boi was there. I will say that there is something very refreshing about running in a light rain when it is about 79 degrees.

After I dropped off Calvin at doggy daycare, I went to the office and that is when I realized I
would be a displaced worker. I went to one of the other locations and discovered that some of my office mates were there.

What are those birds? Lemmings? That's what I feel like some days.

So, I'm going to try and change my attitude about this weather. After all, on my way to the park this morning I did see a rainbow. What better way to start your day?

So rather than b!tch about the rain, I'll sing a ditty about the rain. I think I'll start with Viola Willis's dance version of Stormy Weather.

On a completely different thought, in my search for a substitute for The Spin Doctor, I went to a different spin class last night. I thought DIT was tough...Connie was much tougher than DIT.

Neighbor Nina (NN) had told me about her. Connie had been on vacation and came back with a vengeance. Last night my calves were twitching and my fingers were cramping so I loaded up on Gatorade and bananas.

Don't forget...tomorrow is June 21 which is the first day of Summer and the longest day of the year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

June 21st is also Prince William's birthday. That yummy English crumpet turns 25 tomorrow.