Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The early bird gets the free Iced Grande Sugar-free Vanilla non-fat Latte

Seriously. This happened to me this morning.

I walked into the office a little bit before 800A. Walked up to one of the receptionists and ordered an Iced Grande Sugar-free Vanilla non-fat Latte. As I was handing him my money he said (while looking over my shoulder), "This gentleman is going to get your coffee." It didn't register and I tried to hand him my money while I looked for somebody that I know.

He said it again.

I looked behind me and there was a guy standing there who I had never seen before in my 45 years of existence. He handed me his card and said, "Coffee is on us." It startled me. I was so confused I almost forgot to buy the Houston Chronicle.

He works for Frog Dog Communications. There was a lady with him who is the CEO(?). I'm still not sure if they were doing research or promoting the company but whatever they were doing they put a smile on many a face. I thanked both of them and as the lady said, "Happy Tuesday!" (She must have heard how my Monday started! LOL)

If this is how Frog Dog communicates, you can communicate with me Sunday - Saturday anytime that you want!

Shortly after I settled into my desk, the ultimate do-gooders of the day disappeared into the crowd. "Yes Virginia. There is a Santa Claus."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your note and your post made our day right back at us! It doesn't get better than this.

Our effort was definitely promotional: When we were thinking up ways to get the word out about what we do and who we are, we figured that the best thing was to do something nice for folks. That always makes a good impression. And life just isn't full enough of good surprises.

As a fellow runner, I'll look forward to seeing you on the trails!

Best,
Leslie (the CEO from FrogDog)