Monday, June 4, 2007

Anticipation...is keeping me waiting


In case you can't tell, I have a number of things whirling through my head today. I have plenty of time on my hands as I am in my career exploration phase of my life. More on that in an upcoming post.

Back in February, my BFF AttyHou convinced me to put my name in the lottery for the 2007 running of the ING New York City Marathon. So I did.

Well...the lottery closed on the evening of June 1 and now I sit here wondering if I need to start training. I have approximately 22 weeks to train and you may be thinking, "Big deal. You have plenty of time."

Unfortunately I have run several marathons and I know what it takes to get up to 26.2 miles. Plus, I'm not as svelte as I once was not to mention that I'm not as young as I used to be.

So they better let me know sooner than later! I need to start getting tickets for Broadway shows....oh and start training.


No comments: