Friday, June 8, 2007

What are your weekend plans?

So last night at LeFittes, one of the part-time trainers (his real job is being a chiropractor) comes into the locker room just a hummin’ a tune that I didn’t recognize. He started talking and I thought he was talking to someone else and then I realized it was me he was talking to while sorta hummin’.

He was so happy that it was Thursday because that meant the weekend was almost here. He has no plans for the weekend but he just loves the weekend. I’m not sure that he was this happy but he was one happy dude!

It’s gonna be a busy one for me.

Saturday morning is the Houston Pride 5K at 730A in Downtown Houston at Sam Houston Park. Will be having breakfast afterwards with Doug & Scott.


Saturday afternoon I may go to the Winter Street Lofts to see which artists have their studios open. I need some creative inspiration so I’m hopin’ this will ignite the flame.


In keeping with the creative inspiration theme, I’ll be at M2 Gallery in The Heights for an artist reception. Jolie and Aimee are planning on being there. Proceeds benefit Legacy. There is also a benefit for Legacy at Rich’s-Houston…Jocks In Dresses.


Not sure how Sunday will shake out. I haven’t been to the 500P Mass at St. Anne’s in awhile (I’ve been going to Saturday evening Mass at St. Theresa’s.) There is a Pride Partyon Sunday evening but more importantly the Tony Awards will be televised on CBS! Hope everyone has a fun weekend. It’s gonna be a hot one in Houston.





SIDEBAR: I actually slept well last night. I didn't even wake up until 600A. I had an odd dream that I really don't remember all of the details other than I was going to be in a parade and there was talk within the group that I needed to be Jesus on the float. The exact words were, "There's only one person who can be Jesus and that is you." (HA! Talk about a subconscious Holier Than Thou Attitude.)

Speaking of getting up early. The Calvinator and I went out for our morning walk and I actually saw Neighbor Mike and his dog Jack. (Hadn't seen him in awhile.) Jack *hearts* Calvin. Mike gets up just as early as I do and is always pleasant to talk to. He is a good egg.

No comments: