Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Gimme a beat!

I went to the 530P spin class yesterday. I was drenched in sweat by the time it was over. Connie was the instructor again and she showed no mercy. 30 minutes into the class and 3 people left. They couldn't keep up. 10 minutes later, a couple of more people were outta there.

I would love to have joined them during their departure but I have my pride! Plus, I had good rhythm going with some of my classmates. If you've never been into a spin studio, the cyclists face a mirrored wall so everybody can see each other.

Last night's class was a rhythm class which means you keep cadence with the beat. Good thing I have some sense of rhythm. :-) All I could think of was playing in the band in high school and Mr. Roberts saying to tap your foot to keep the beat. It also helps that I know how to play the guitar. Oh...and don't forget that I won a disco dance contest my senior year in high school.

OK...so there are some people that couldn't keep the beat. I would have felt sorry for them but I was doing everything I could just to keep up.

By the time we finished, I noticed that the guy to right and the guy to the left had pools of sweat around their cycles. I looked down and let's just say, it wasn't pretty. We definitely were nasty boys. At the end of class, Connie said the room smelled like a locker room.

RunnerOne showed me no mercy this morning. Let's just say that right now my legs are tired and my metabolism is revved up. Did somebody say "lunchtime"?

No comments: