Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Life in NoRO (aka 007/Houston)

I'm not much of a Chatty Cathy at LeFittes but on occasion I do strike up a conversation. (At some point, I'll do another post about the snob appeal of the gym.) The other day I was talking to a guy and he asked me where I lived. I told him that I had nicknamed the area North River Oaks. (It really is Rice Military or West End.)

He laughed liked many others have because there really is no North River Oaks. The only thing that separates me from Houston's Old Money and New Money is Memorial Drive and Buffalo Bayou. Well...my people are accustomed to barriers (i.e. Rio Grande River) so I guess it is a given that I should be able to look into the backyards of the rich while I'm out with The Calvinator






He suggested that I name the neighborhood NoRO. LOL I asked him where he lived and he laughed and said ERO. LOL He happens to be on the wrong side of Shepherd Drive.


This morning before I went to meet RunnerOne at Memorial Park, I took The Calvinator out for his morning stroll. Get this. At 530A it was 80 degrees and 80% relative humidity. According to Anthony Yanez at The Education Station it felt like 91 degrees!!!!! Sultry and sauna were words he used to desribe the feeling outside.







It was so sultry that I noticed many windows on houses had condensation on the outside of the windows.

Needless to say, my shorts and shoes were soaked with sweat by the time RunnerOne and I finished running.

OK. So I haven't posted a pic of Calvin in awhile. I tried the other day to take some cute photos and I kept getting the evil eye. Just to prove it, here is Calvin giving me the evil eye. Have a good day everybody!

No comments: