Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Viva la revolucion!

I woke up in a Debbie Downer kinda mood. Not sure why.

I passed out on the couch last night watching Kathy Griffin My Life On The D-List. Prolly had to do with the fact that I did a run in the morning and did a spin class in the evening. The class kicked my @ss. It was another substitute teacher and this girl was good.

I didn't feel like going running this morning so I took the Calvinator to doggy daycare a bit early. Which means I got to the office a bit early.

There was a temporary sign on the front door that said "This is exit only." So I had to use the other door. "What the ___?" I thought to myself. So I complied. Being in a Debbie Downer kinda mood I figured "Why fight it?"

I was sitting there minding my own business drinking my coffee and reading the paper when IT happened.

I heard one of my office mates say, "Are you from Starbucks corporate?" My ears perked up.

There were three of THEM! And then the b!tchin' started. The peasants banded together and voiced our displeasure with the new layout of the office. Turns out that the mastermind-with-no-sense-of-layout was standing right there. His face was turning red and I couldn't tell if he was p!ssed or if he was embarrassed.

All I know is that once I opened my mouth it was like diarrhea of the mouth. I couldn't stop. The women were more receptive to my ideas. They liked my feng shui idea. They agreed that the table for people with disabilities was not accessible. And I told them that if they wanted to see how screwed up this really was to come back on Saturday morning when you have people bumping into each other because the flow is messed up.

The guy said he would take all of our comments under consideration and see what he could do. We, the peasants, even offered to move the furniture and fixtures for him. We're peasants...isn't that our job?

I felt much better when I left. LOL

1 comment:

AlanTheRealtor said...

Three words...fab u lous