Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Reconnecting

On the plus side...my career exloration period is allowing me to reconnect with people. I've been in Houston almost 15 years and for 15 years I have been traveling for work and some for pleasure.



I've realized that I thrive on the interaction and stunning repartee between me and my friends. OK...I'll admit it. I'm sort of social butterfly. :-) When I was traveling so much, all I wanted to do with my free time was sit and chill on "my" couch and sleep in "my" bed and watch "my" television and play with "my" dog.



Saturday was fun. Being with friends at the 5K, the gallery opening and the party. And hanging out at the pool on Sunday was very relaxing and good for catching up with BFF Attyhou, Everyday Italian, Michael, Steven, John and G (I don't have nicknames for them yet).



Last night was no different. I had dinner with Aimee at Biba's on W. Gray. She recently returned from a trip to Peru. I had previewed her photos and I had some questions...especially about the hiking.


Aimee is always fun to be with because she is "perky" (not in the Katie Couric kinda way). She makes me laugh and always has a positive attitude. Unfortunately she will be leaving the Bayou City for the Windy City. This won't happen until later in the year so I gave her a list of must see places before she departs Houston: The Beer Can House on Malone; The Orange Show; San Jacinto Battleground; Ho Chi Minh Trails in Memorial Park; and the big President busts by the local Target. I'm sure I'll come up with many more.

No comments: