Saturday, June 9, 2007

Run Forrest! Run!

It is just a bit after 1030A and it's already been a busy day.



Woke up again at 430A. Had an unusual dream but I can't really tell you about it because I only have a hodgepodge recollection of it. I stayed in bed until 500A. Took Calvin out around 530A for a 20 minute walk. When I stepped out the front door I realized that today is going to be a sticky one. It was 77 degrees and 79% relative humidity. UGH!

The 10th running of the Houston Pride 5K Fun Run occurred this morning at 730A. I still don't understand what is so fun about running in the heat and humidity but it was for a good cause. The course was up and down part of the infamous Allen Parkway Death March. For those who have ever run the Houston Marathon you know what I'm talking about.

Some of the usual suspects were there this morning. Doug, Scott, Brian and Charlie ran the 5K. Micheal was our cheerleader/baggage handler. I didn't have my camera with me so the only photo I have to post is a pic of the remnants of the run.



The six of us then went to Barnaby's on West Gray for breakfast. We got there at 830A and were the first customers of the day. That is when I realized most of Houston was still in bed. And while we sat there, some people came in who had the I just rolled out of bed look. The banter at the table was a great way to start the day. Anytime you can talk about Martinis, Pink's U+UR Hand and good times in New Orleans, you know it's going to be a great day!


OK. Need to scoot. Catch up with y'all l8r.

No comments: