Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"Hey lolly lolly. Hey lolly lolly."

This is Wanda Adams. Wanda is in a run-off for Houston City Council District D. Up until last night I had never met Wanda but I had heard of her. Good Egg Kathryn (GEK) invited me to a fundraiser last night at Reef. Not one to pass up an opportunity to meet a candidate, I went to Reef. Nice group of people.

Of course Wanda was there and I'm glad I got to meet her. If I could vote for her, I would but you see, I don't live in her district so I can't. If you want to know more about Wanda, you can go to http://www.wandaadamsforhouston.com/. AND you can also make a contribution to her campaign.

I had to leave GEK and Wanda Adams at Reef and head over to the Hyatt to pick up a couple of guys. HA! Not what you think.

You see, Danny and John are visiting from San Francisco. The last time that I saw them there cocktails, beads and costumes involved because we were in New Orleans for Mardi Gras. What happens in New Orleans doesn't always stay in New Orleans and unfortunately Danny has seen me at my best(?) in the Big Easy.

We headed over to Cyclone Anaya's in Midtown for Mexican food, BIG frozen Margaritas (with frozen Sangria), and intoxicating repartee. Later we were joined by Ray & Bill.

Danny cracks me up. When he lived in Houston he lived in my apt. complex. He lived by the back pool and was always ready with his blender to make frozen adult concoctions for an impromptu party. Many good times were had with Danny at JRs for 99 cent vodka drinks and karaoke. Once again, he has seen me at my best(?) on a Sunday afternoon-evening-Monday morning.

Danny told John that I was coming to pick them in The Cal Mobile. He told John that my dog's nickname is Cal and John thought he said cow and couldn't figure out why I named my dog a cow. If I had a cat, would it be named pig? LOL

While we were having dinner, someone at the table asked about Wocky Molee and then asked about Enchee Lada. I was a bit confused only to realize that they were asking if I had heard from Kaye Sedilla! LOL I do know that Kaye is still on her world tour (The Hot Tamale Tour). I'm sure she will be pleased to know that people are asking about her. I informed our San Francisco visitors that if they could arrange it, Kaye could do a show in The City By The Bay.

I'm not sure (oh wait I think I do know) how it happened but at one point I found myself leading the table in a rousing version of "It's just an itty bitty pissant country place. Nothing much to see. No drinking allowed..." And at one point I was trying to remember the words to that Telephone Man(?) song. "I got it with a buzz and I got with a ring....I even got a dingaling...Hey lolly lolly. Hey lolly lolly." Danny + alcohol ./. show tunes = lots of laughs.

I left the bois on the doorstep of Cyclone Anaya's after singing "One hand in my pocket..." and "Big Mess..."(to the tune of Go West).

I had awakened early and did a jaunt at Memorial Park and was scheduled to meet runnerOne this morning for a speed workout on the track. So I needed to get to bed at a decent hour.

I got home in time to see Jennie(sp) Garth voted off Dancing With The Stars. She needed to go but at least she did it on a high note. The previous night she received a perfect score of 30 for one of her performances. I am happy that my man Helio is in the finals!

That sorta catches me up. I would like to tell you about an odd coincidence that happened but I'm afraid it might jinx me. I will tell you that the laughter I shared last night with GEK and then with the boys was definitely a mood enhancer.

Catch up with you soon!

1 comment:

"Tommy" said...

Interesting......"seeing you at your best"

The Big Easy does that to folks...brings out the Best.