Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Brother, can you spare a left leg?

I need to digress to a week ago today. I was going along just minding my own business when all of a sudden it felt like someone stuck an ice pick into the side of my left thigh. And then it stopped after 1 or 2 seconds.

Friday I was running errands and it happened. Saturday when I was running it happened a couple of times. And on Sunday at different times during the day...even when I was just sitting. Monday it happened again. Tuesday I actually let out a yelp (I learned that from The Calvinator).

I did 4 miles on Tuesday and it didn't bother me when I was running. Today was a different story. I was about 1/4 of a mile into my run and the whole left started to hurt including the foot. I stopped and tried to stretch it; even loosened up my shoelace. The next 1/2 mile was painful. I definitely had a limp while I was running. I thought about turning around.

I decided to make it to the 1 mile mark and then determine if I should turn around and walk back to The Cal Mobile.

During this entire time all I could think about was February of 1998 when I was diagnosed (after several consultations) with a stress fracture in my right leg. Before the diagnosis I kept telling myself that I had shin splints. And was still trying to run

So back to today...About 1 1/4 miles I got my stride back and finished the 3 mile run.

So I don't know what is up with my left leg. I haven't done leg weights in awhile. I only did upper body weights last night.




I'm beginning to think that someone has a voodoo doll with my face on it and just for kicks they stick a pin in the left leg, let out a laugh and then pull out the pin.

1 comment:

Margo said...

That doesn't sound good at all!!! Hope it keeps improving. Due to the Body for Life lower body workout, I'm groaning every time I sit or get up. My co-workers love me!