Monday, November 5, 2007

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 6.0

I got up this a.m. and went to Memorial Park for a 3 mile jaunt. It was a nice morning for a run. I stopped by the office and had an idea on my way in the door. And trust me, this totally threw them for a loop.

Rather than order an Iced Grande Sugar-free Vanilla Non-fat Latte I had the bright idea to order an Iced Grande Sugar-free Gingerbread Non-fat Latte. They were stunned. The whole place came to a standstill because they couldn't believe I was ordering something different.

So here's my review. It was yummy! If you like an iced Chai Tea but you want the jolt of a Latte, I highly recommend this drink.

I just finished watching Dancing With The Stars and I gotta tell you, I like Helio Castroneves. His smile is infectious. He could be the male version of Mary Richards. Who can turn the world on with his smile. Remember that song? I had never heard of Helio until this season of Dancing With The Stars but I have become a big fan of his. And his Brazilian heritage was shining through this evening when he did the Samba.


Which got me to thinking: Whatever happened to The Lambada (The Forbidden Dance)?

OK. So I promised a recap of Saturday. Let's start with Katy's bday party.

Katy invited guests to her bday party at Reef. Cocktails at 700p and dinner at 800p. I had already committed to going to Neighbor Michael's bday party but I knew that I had time for a cocktail or two at Reef.

What a fun time! I didn't know all of the people there but I knew some and I crammed in many conversations in 60 minutes and there was a bunch of laughter...just like it should be at a birthday party.

So after 2 Grey Goose Martinis (straight up with a twist) it was time to head back to NoRO for Neighbor Michael's fete.

I didn't valet park because well, I could park in my own driveway and walk next door. It was a very nice party! Bartenders. Wait staff. DJ down by the pool. NoRO was rocking and I didn't bother knockin'...I just walked in.

Once again, I didn't know everyone but there were many conversations that I crammed into 2 hours and I stuffed my face with the appetizers. Everyday Italian did a fabu job with the food. Neighbor Nina did a fabu job in planning and executing the party.




So the theme of the party was to party like a Rock Star. All day long I kept humming Rock Star by Nickelback. If you're not familiar with the song, the very first line is: I'm through with standin' in lineTo clubs I'll never get in... and this is where life imitated art.



So AttyHou, Everyday Italian and I took a taxi downtown (even though we live 3 miles from downtown but quite a bit can happen within 3 miles when you've been drinking and isn't cheaper to pay a taxi fare than it is to spend the night in jail for a DWI?). By the time we got there, there was a line of folks waiting to get in and all of them (with the exception of a few) are 15 years younger than me, if not younger.

Well, Neighbor Nina had VIP seating but the dude working the velvet rope didn't care. So there's about 10 of us that KNOW we belong in there but dude doesn't give a sh_t.

So Former Dogsitter John and I decide to give it 5 minutes and then we're outta there. Just about that time somebody has made arrangements for us to go in through a back door/hidden entrance. OK...so now I am feeling like a Rock Star.

The 10 of us walk around Bayou Place and up some stairs and down a hallway and once the door is secure another door opens and *poof* we're inside RocBar. There were HUGE bottles of Grey Goose waiting for us and since that's how the evening began at Reef that's how it was going to end at RocBar.

And as I previously stated, no hangover on Sunday...just a bit spent.

1 comment:

Margo said...

I'm going to have to try the Iced SF NF Gingerbread Latte since I love Chai Tea! Kinda regret not buying that big vat of it from Katz at the Farmer's Market!