Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I'm Still Here (Nov. 20)

UGH! I'm humming that song (I'm Still Here). Will probably have to play it on the iPod nano just to get it out of my head.

I've had quite a bit going on and once again, I can't blog about it. It's called an implied confidentiality agreement. Also, The Calvinator and I are preparing to go and visit Joe & Helen. Well, I'm preparing and he is sleeping. In addition to not getting much sleep last night because of stuff weighing on my mind, he decided to run through the house everytime he heard a cat outside. Let's see, it started at 200A and continued until 430A.

I did a good 3 mile run in on Monday and today. I haven't been eating much so maybe I'll lose some weight from running and not eating.

RichardP & BillS had a wonderful soiree on Saturday night at their new adobe. It was a good mix of people.

We got a huge @ss amount of rain on Sunday morning. I'm not complaining because we needed it.

G & Gidget are in town. It was fun to hang out with G on Sunday afternoon.

All kinds of parties are on the horizon and I plan on going to as many as possible. I really enjoy being around people.

World AIDS Day Houston events are all posted on the website (http://www.worldaidsdayhouston.org/). At a minimum wear something read on Dec. 1 or wear a red ribbon. There are free events and some not so free events planned for Nov. 30 - Dec.2. I'm planning on going to the Illumination Project on Dec. 1.

And now here is a list of things that I have been reminded of the past few days:
  • Sometimes doing the right thing isn't the easiest thing to do.
  • If you made a mistake, own up to it even if it was from two years ago.
  • When you stick to the facts and take the emotion out of things, it makes things much clearer.
  • God does answer your prayers but remember, "No" is also an answer.
  • There are good people in this world. You may have to step in sh_t when you're trying to find them but remember that they are there.
  • Bad communication can make a situation worse than it really is and good communication can clear things up.

Catch up with y'all later!

No comments: