Saturday, November 3, 2007

Saturday comings and goings

OK. I'm going to make this quick because I just spent about an hour trying to figure out what was wrong with my printer that I purchased in September. Considering that at one point in my career I managed a team that did tech support for customers I figured I could determine the problem and fix it without having to call India.

I overslept this morning because I kept hitting snooze. So by the time I got to Memorial Park it was already 800A. I had almost talked myself into just doing 4 miles but then I realized that Running My Mass Off, Will Run For Martinis and Running For Gold we're probably finished with their umpteen mile runs AND considering that I haven't been at Memorial Park on a Saturday in 2 weeks due to over servings of adult beverages on Friday night which means 2 weeks ago I ran 7 miles AND considering that the 1/2 marathon is only 70someodd days away, I should probably attempt to run. So I did 8.

Had a problem around mile 4.5. I had pulled my visor down really low to keep the sun out of my eyes so all I could really see was the tip of the visor, my nose and a bit of the ground. I started to get dizzy. That happens when I run with sunglasses and if I see part of the ground it throws me off. I've never understood that.

Then the iPod nano wouldn't let me adjust the volume while this was happening so Frankie Goes To Hollywood is screaming for me to Relax. Well, I couldn't do it. (pun intended)

So I had to walk for a bit to fix the visor and figure out what was up with the nano and then the rest of the run went really well. I'm glad I stayed in last night and got some rest because...

...I knew that I needed to get a good run in this morning and I have two bday parties to go to.

One is for Katy who is Exec. Director for Legacy. She is having a small soiree at Reef. I have been wanting to eat there but I can't stay for dinner. So I'll go for cocktails.

Then Neighbor Nina is having a 30th birthday party for her husband Neighbor Michael at AttyHou and Everyday Italian's house. It's a Rock Star party. She has made sure that it will be a blowout to remember. With all of the party planning experience between Everyday Italian, AttyHou, Garden Oaks Mike and me this will be a party to remember.

She has even reserved VIP rooms at Roc Bar for the after party and how can I say no to hanging out with people who are young and cute?

The Calvinator wasn't invited but he is giving Neighbor Michael a special card and a bag of Rock Star Energy Drinks because let's face it, when you turn 30 that's the beginning of the ascent to 40.

Here is the photo that is on Neighbor Michael's card from The Calvinator.


Doesn't he look like a Rock Star? (Or should the caption be: Did somebody say birthday cake?)

Have a good evening everyone!

1 comment:

Margo said...

That is an adorable pic of Calvin! Your post made me feel so guilty b/c yesterday (Sat) was the last of my slothiness. I didn't run. Plan to get right back on it this week, but no running. You, however, are a rock star for doing 8!!

Hope to see you at The Farmer's Market today. I'm wearing a Chicago grey t, but may have a Nike black jacket over it if it's a bit chilly.