Sunday, November 11, 2007

Saturday Night Recap

So I got home from The Houston Black Tie Dinner a bit after 1100p. As I had stated in a previous post, I usually partake of too many adult beverages at this event but tonight I kept it in control. Don't get me wrong. I still had a few but because I drove myself downtown I knew that I couldn't be a lush tonight. Dammit!

It was a very nice evening. I'm gonna be honest with you. I was a bit bored with Ru. Just my opinion. I had a better time visiting with folks. Met a fun couple who own a couple of bars in Houston. They were late getting to our table because they went to the wrong event in the Hyatt. So they sorta ate dinner twice. Sounds like something I would do. (Remind me to tell you what I did yesterday.) Had a fun time talking with Bill and Tony who were also at the table with me.

It's funny that when I was a kid I was very shy. People would talk to me and I would hide behind my mother. People also would tell me I had the prettiest eyelashes. Haven't heard THAT in awhile.

The reason I bring up the shyness is because tonight when I was standing in line waiting for a Martini (str8upwithatwist) a guy behind me introduced himself to me. I thought he looked familiar and it turns out he runs at Memorial Park and is training for the marathon in January. He said he is usually a shy person and doesn't talk to strangers. Considering we were in that Martini line for awhile we could have met, dated and broken up by the time we got our drinks.

So it got me to thinking: when did I get over my shyness? I really don't know. I think it was when I discovered the stage and lights and applause in high school when I played Linus in You're A Good Man Charlie Brown.

Every now and then I do find myself reverting back the 5 year old who clams up. I do know that a few cocktails erases the shyness.

I did the radio interview this morning at 100A at KPFT for World AIDS Day Houston. I'm a bit wired right now not from the flow of adrenaline but from the 1.5 Rock Stars that I had when I got home from being downtown.


I was drinking the purple one with guava.


I didn't want to fall asleep talking on the radio. I may have over done it on the Rock Star though. Maybe I should fold laundry or something. The Calvinator is passed out.

The radio show went really well. And no I didn't have to get naked. Falcon, Matt, Bryan and I were interviewed by Jimmy. I'm not sure how many people were listening but when I got home I did have an email from someone who stayed up to listen to it and Bryan's bf called from SD (he was listening to it via the web).

So yes, once again it is in the wee hours of the morning on a Sunday and I'm blogging. Wish I had some sleeping pills! At this rate, I'm still gonna be awake when the 25K run starts at 700A. I should just plan on going down to Memorial & Shepherd and cheer them on. Actually I'm getting hungry but how pathetic would it be for me to walk into House of Pies (aka House of Guys) by myself at 230A? I'm probably better off folding laundry.

1 comment:

BrownPaperBag said...

You're hilarious... Glad I found your blog by clicking links on the insight.