Thursday, November 8, 2007

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 6.1

<---- <---- <---- <---- To the left To the left hmmm To the left To the left (singing like Beyonce)
You will notice that to the left is a small graphic and the website for World AIDS Day Houston. (EDIT: OK...as the posting has moved down, the graphic is no longer to the left to the left. You can locate it under the masthead on the left.)

This is something I've been helping with since this past summer. I hope that you will take a moment to peruse the website and find an event or two to put on your calendar.

The face of HIV/AIDS may have changed a bit but it is still with us. We want to remind people that it is still with us in Houston/Harris County.

My Left Leg
Met up with runnerOne this morning. We ran 3 miles at a fast clip...well, fast for me. I mentioned to him the voodoo doll, ice pickesque pain I've been having in my left leg. He said he thinks it is sciatica. So I looked up the definition and he and Everyday Italian could be correct.

Of course I'm not going to follow the remedy because I was a bit insulted when I read this:

It may happen as a result of the general wear and tear of aging...

Screw it. I'll just walk around and yelp.

Spinning
I didn't go to spin class this evening because of the general wear and tear of aging. Why make it worse? I did do some weights this evening but nothing for the lower torso.

George W.
So this morning I was trolling around NoRO and I noticed a bevy of cops. They were frickin' everywhere! They were on Memorial, Shepherd, Allen Pkwy, and even at the bottom of my little NoRO hill. And one point I could hear a helicopter circling.

So I called Everyday Italian and he told me he thought George W. was in town but it still didn't make any sense because Air Force One lands at Ellington Field which is south of the city.

Turns out George W. was doing something downtown and then was going to a fundraiser at someone's mansion in RO (River Oaks). It was for Senator Cornyn who is gonna have some 'splainin' to do when it comes to why he didn't vote for the insurance for children. So yep, he's gonna need a war chest.

From RO, George W. was going to San Antonio. Shouldn't he be in the White House dealing with Pakistan? What a frickin' mess that is!

You know...I didn't vote for him when he was running for Governor of Texas and I didn't vote for him when he was running for President so you can't blame me for putting him in office.

You'd Better Work
I had been wavering about going to see RuPaul this weekend. Yes. RuPaul.

Well it's not just about RuPaul. Ru will be at The Houston Black Tie Dinner. I just couldn't get excited about going this year but I decided on Wednesday to suck it up and buy a ticket and I took my tux to the cleaners.

(The last time I wore the tux was in New Orleans during Mardi Gras at the Orpheus Ball. I'm sure a few cocktails were spilled on it that night as I tried to catch beads with one hand and sipped my adult beverage from the cup in the other hand.)

I usually drink a bit too much at The Houston Black Tie Dinner and I'm a bit concerned because I think I'm supposed to be talking on the radio at 100A on Sunday morning.

I'm afraid this is going to rank up there with Don't Drink and Dress; Don't Drink and Dial; Don't Drink and Blog; Don't Drink and Talk On The Radio.

So that's it for now. More later.

2 comments:

Margo said...

LOL at your post! And I blame you since I'm going to have that song in my head all day now!

Hope you have a fun time at the Black Tie event! But a 1 am radio gig?! Wow. I'm too old for that!

Good luck with your leg. Would a foam roller help? Dr. Kelly at Airrosti turned me on to mine and I love, love, love it!

nickabouttown said...

Sciatica, George Bush, and RuPaul...

Definately a random assortment

And I am with the first poster, thanks so much for Beyonce being stuck in my head all day. :-P