Thursday, November 15, 2007

I'm having a really frustating day today. That's about all I can say about it. Can't and don't want to go into details. I haven't felt this way in a long time.

Adding to it is that I think I'm a wuss. I woke up this morning and could hear the wind gusting at about 23 m.p.h. A cold/cool front blew in which I really appreciate. However, I wanted to go running this morning but didn't want to be out there in windy conditions. I did get a short run in yesterday.

I'm either going to go spinning or do weights and see if I can work out some of this frustration.

I'm also very disturbed by a story that I saw on the news last night and again today. On Sunday morning while The Calvinator & I were watching the HMSA 25K I heard an explosion and then remembered that they were imploding a hotel in the Texas Medical Center.

Well as it turns out, there could (repeat: could) have been a person in the building. Someone was filming the implosion and right before it was ignited a door was opened and the image looks like someone could have been standing in a doorway.

Yesterday and today they've had the K-9 units going through the rubble. Let's just hope the wind (although the wind wasn't blowing on Sunday morning) caught the door and created that image.

So the other night before I knew about this, I had a dream that a building in Denver where my former place of employment is located was having explosions in the building. The only people who were able to get out were those of us who were visitors. We ran across the street as the explosions continued and I was calling people but no one would answer.

I swear I haven't had any alcohol since Saturday night!

The Calvinator slept really well last night. :-) I gave him an adult Benadryl to see if that will stop his scratching and licking. He was still a bit drowsy this morning.

3 comments:

Margo said...

I'll give you a cyber hug for now and look forward to grabbing another glass (or two) of wine with you soon!! Next Tasting Room Farmer's Market is Sunday, Dec. 9th. Hope things get better!

Anonymous said...

Timmy- can you please refrain from dreaming about out Denver office blowing up- at least until I can get out of this hell hole! Love Ya, Miss Ya!

Doni

Timmy said...

Margo: Things are better today. I had to channel a previous boss and figure out how to handle this situation in her manner. She was the master at dealing with difficult situations.

Doni: I'll do my best to stop dreaming about the building blowing up. If it makes you feel any better, there were only two people I was trying call: you and Shontelle.