Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Diva alert!!!!

There's been lots of stuff on the telly recently. I know. It's May. Sweeps month.

I didn't get to see all of the Barbara Walters interview on Oprah but what I did see is what I cared about. She gave the scoop on Star Jones and Rosie.

Barbara and I go back a long ways. You see...

When I was a mere child, my parents would turn on the telly in the morning while we were running around getting ready for school. It was always tuned into the Today Show. I didn't follow Barbara when she left to be co-anchor with Harry Reasoner on ABC News. I have watched many of her specials and I always liked her stories on 20/20. So of course I love it when she is on The View. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to read her book.

So now to the topic at hand. Well sorta.

Have you ever agreed to do something that sounded like a good idea but your gut was telling you don't do it? Well, the reason that I didn't finish watching Barbara on Oprah is because runnerOne wanted to go running and I lost track of time and ran out the door without setting the VCR to capture the last part of the interview.
runnerOne thought it would be fun to go trail running along the bayou. OK. Well, it poured down rain yesterday and let's just say it was a bit muddy and slippery back there in the woods. I have enough trouble trail running when it is dry. UGH!

I was losing my footing and hanging on to tree roots to keep from falling flat on my arse. He would get ahead of me and wait and then when I would catch up with him (because he would stop and wait) he would take off running again. UGH!

OK. So I get back to the house and I'm sweating like there is no tomorrow and Calvin needs to be walked and my shoes are caked in mud. So I wash off the shoes and take Calvin for his walk. I get back to the house and I'm still sweating.

So while I'm trying to cool off before I shower, I'm watching Entertainment Tonight. Mark Steines did an interview with Cher, Tina Turner and Oprah. AND...



Cher and Tina are going to be on Oprah on Thursday. YES! This Thursday. So...

Set your VCR, DVR, or Tivo. Leave work early. Stay home from work. Cancel all appointments It looks like it will be a show not to be missed.

SIDEBAR: I sent a text message to Kaye Sedilla who is still in Guadalajara. She said she never got the call from Oprah to participate in the interview and has cried herself to sleep many nights.

3 comments:

Viv said...

I missed the interview. Gonna have to surf the web to get the juicy details.

Margo said...

Thanks for the heads up. I *heart* Tina Turner!

Rick said...

Glad to hear someone in Houston besides myself still has and uses a VCR. People look at me so strange. But now mine is kicking out tapes???? I still haven't transferred all my tapes to DVD I planned to do.
It was a good show and looking forward to the Diva show tomorrow.