Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"-ella, -ella, -ella"

I just remembered an odd dream or maybe it was a combination of dreams from Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. This is what I remember.

Neighbor Ryan was looking to buy a new house so I went with him to go house hunting. We ended up in Haltom City, Texas in Aunt LuLu's neighborhood. The neighborhood was going through a revitalization so there were plenty of houses to pick from.

The most interesting house was a two story house that had a guest house and a pool but it was on a very small lot. What was odd was that there weren't any stairs to get to the second floor so you had to climb a ladder. I could see hay falling through the opening where the ladder reached the second floor. Neighbor Ryan said it was unusual.

The next thing I know I am waiting for the light rail at a Houston Metro Station. I am with Legacy Alaina and we need to get into the gift shop of a very nice hospital. So we take the train and we get into the Medical Center but then we have to transfer to a bus and go through the tunnels and I keep saying there has to be a better way and someone says that there is a better and tells me what we should have done. I take notes.

The gift shop is closed. However, I know one of the guards and he grants us access but we have to enter through the ceiling of the store by using a ladder. As we are descending into the store, we have to climb through some clouds.

So Legacy Alaina and I have run of the store and everyone in the lobby of the hospital can see us. We get what we need and need to pay but guess, what? The store is closed and we can't pay so we leave without paying. And to leave we have to climb down another ladder into some clouds.

The next thing I know I am back at a Houston Metro Station and this time there are several people with me and a choreographer. We are holding big fake palm trees and the choreographer is playing Rihanna's Umbrella. Rather than dance with umbrellas like they do in the video or on Shut Up and Dance (really known as Step It Up and Dance) we are doing the routine with the palm trees.

I am front and center so I am the lead palm tree and the choreographer keeps telling me that I am overextending my palm tree and it is going to get hit by the train.

We get on the train with the palm trees and Rihanna is still singing. We are heading to the Medical Center (again). We get into the Medical Center and everyone but us palm tree people get off of the train because I HAVE directions.

The dream ends with us palm tree people arriving at Univ. of Texas/Houston Health Science Center. Rihanna is still singing Umbrella.

and I wake up singing Umbrella.

4 comments:

A Girl From Texas said...

Did you ever climb the ladder in the house?

It's interesting how many ladders there were in your dream.

Viv said...

I love your dreams! I am LMAO over here. Than I love to Dr. Phil them per my Dream Dictionary.

Ladders: Your feeling whether anxious or secure about reaching situations or opportunities in life that are new, presently out of reach, or not easily attained

Viv said...

and, duh just got the ella ella ella hey, under my unbrella..

mjr1066 said...

Well since you obviously know your way down there why didn't you come see me when I was 'vactioning' down at the Hermann Hilton just next to UTHSC???

My