Monday, May 19, 2008

Laissez les bon temps rouler!

That is the battle cry for Mardi Gras. It means "Let the good times roll." My other favorite Mardi Gras battle cry is "Revel without a pause." Oh, and I cant' forget, "Show me your ____!" And there is, "Throw me somethin' mistah." And of course, "I'll show you mine if you show me yours."Ah...Mardi Gras. Beads. Booze. Second lining. Pink eye. Po Boys. Costumes. Jambalaya. Hurricanes. Long Island Ice Tea. No sleep. Mardi Gras Mambo.
Oh crap! The way things have been going I thought Mardi Gras is just around the corner. It is actually 280 days away. You see...


To make Mardi Gras happen, lots of planning has to take place. I live hundreds of miles away from Ground Zero but even here in the Bayou City plans are underway for a festive 2009 Mardi Gras Season.

The weather yesterday was absolutely B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L and I was inside all afternoon attending two meetings planning for Mardi Gras. Krewe of Olympus and Mystery & Fantasy Mardi Gras Party both had meetings yesterday...back 2 back. OY!

Top that off with being a bit spent from the day before. You see...

I was up early on Saturday to do an airport run. The weather was bizarre. It felt like June Gloom in San Diego. So after the airport run I went for a jaunt at the park and then to the gym to get pumped up for a pool party. The problem with that is that the sun never came out so we stood around and had cocktails all afternoon. Hence, you will NOT be getting a swimsuit fashion show. It was fun to chat with people and meet new people but Str8 Up With A Twist needed a nap and didn't get one.

Ran home, took care of The Calvinator and then it was off to a May Fiesta followed by an outdoor cocktail party. I left around 1100p and I heard that the party went until 330a.

I got up on Sunday morning took care of The Calvinator and it was off to an early Mass...hangover and all. I REALLY tried to stay through the recessional song but I just couldn't do it. I had to get out of there. I'm impressed with myself that I even made it to church!

So you can see why I was a bit spent while watching the season finale of Desperate Housewives.

Back to the subject at hand. Mardi Gras is only 280 days away and I guess you can say that based on my activities this past weekend, I'm in training for Mardi Gras 2009 because honestly, to get through Mardi Gras festivities, you need more stamina than you do for running a marathon.

4 comments:

AnnaBanana said...

I've laissez les bon temps rouler @ Mystery & Fantasy many times!!

Now my ticket connection has moved off to Panama (Mik & Keitha) so I don't make the guest list anymore.

I joined up with Krewe du Lac for Mardi Gras on water in Kemah. Not as wild & crazy as M&F, but just as much fun!

You got me in the Mardi Gras mood too. I think I'll go put some beads on Winslow.

What's the M&F theme going to be next year??

Viv said...

LOL with the Mardi Gras training!

A Girl From Texas said...

I love living vicariously through you.

Anonymous said...

singles who click [url=http://loveepicentre.com/]hotsingles[/url] dating dubai http://loveepicentre.com/ updating graphics card in wxp