Sunday, May 11, 2008

500 and counting. (Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 12.1)

Hello bois and gurrls. It's hard to believe but this is my 500th post! And I know that some of you have been with me from the very beginning and have read all of them. To old and new readers, "thank you!"

I was going to get all sentimental and then I decided, why bother? Y'all deserve a discombobulated post (like most of them have been). I'll think about getting sentimental when the year anniversary arrives.

fave magazine
The party on Thursday night was f-u-n! There was wine, vodka, nibbly things and lots of people to chat with and it was all good chat.

Several Str8 Up With A Twist readers were there as well as Krewe of Olympus members and many other friends.

I received a gift bag on the way out and I will save my comments on the contents of the bag for another post (because I need to take a pic and my camera battery is recharging right now).

dream
I had the weirdest dream on Friday night/Saturday morning. Here is what happened.

I was one of those Swiss Army Guards that protects the Pope at The Vatican. I was in my uniform and I was at a Shell Gas Station fueling up The Cal Mobile. The dividing line between Vatican City and the rest of the world ran through the station and I was on the Vatican City side.

So on the other side a Nazi pulls up, gets out of his vehicle and is trying attack me but he can't because he can't cross the line. I'm getting scared.

So he starts to throw gasoline at me and Vatican City and he says he is going to blow me up. He is yelling and screaming and throwing gasoline and then I see him get a cigarette lighter. I start yelling for everyone to run up the hill.

He flicks the lighter, I see a flame and I take off running. There is a steep hill right behind the station and I go running up it and jump inside of a house.

end of dream

Houston Art Car Parade 2008
Yesterday was the 20th rolling of the Art Car Parade. Other parades have sprouted up in other cities but the original was here in Houston.

The parade has grown over the years. It now falls under the umbrella of The Orange Show which in itself has an unusual origin.

Here are a few pics.
Red Bull had some folks walking around handing out their tasty beverage and of course I had one...probably could have used another so I supplemented it with a frozen lemonade.
If you would like to see more, you can click here.
So that's about it for tonight. And once again, thanx for reading my blog!

6 comments:

David Dust said...

Congrats on your 500th post!

And I bet a mental health professional would have a FIELD DAY with that dream of yours. What did you eat and/or drink before going to bed?!? :)

XOXOXO

DavidDust

Viv said...

Congratulations on the big 500! I would'nt miss your blog for nothing :)
I hope the dream does not mean that gas is getting higher and we better pray for changes.

Anonymous said...

Congrats & thank you.
Love you and love your blog.
Great pics of the art car parade.
Weird dreams are going around, must be something in the air:)At least you were in a festive outfit.

Margo said...

500th post?!?! Wow!!! Good job!

Rick said...

Glad to see the pics. I had hoped to see some since I missed out on going. Thanks!

Timmy said...

yes. that dream is a bit bizarre. especially since I remember wearing the uniform at the gas station. guess it proves that I dream in color. LOL