Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Does Anyone Still Wear A Hat?

I'm sure by now you have seen these photos from the Sex And The City movie premiere in London.




You also know that I can usually associate a song with most circumstances. When I saw the pics I thought of Ladies Who Lunch and specifically this part of the song:

Here's to the ladies who lunch--
Everybody laugh.
Lounging in their caftans
And planning a brunch
On their own behalf.
Off to the gym,
Then to a fitting,
Claiming they're fat.
And looking grim,
'Cause they've been sitting
Choosing a hat.
Does anyone still wear a hat?
I'll drink to that.


And if you've never heard the song, here ya go





I got cable installed well after SATC went off the air but I have been able to catch up on almost every episode. I think one of my favorites is when Carrie is in the fashion show and falls down. LOL That's something I would do.

I don't go to the movies often but I will be going to see SATC when it hits Houston.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the hat...it looks fun!

Anonymous said...

If you like runway models falling, go to youtube and search "corelle runway fashion model". It's hilarious! The first time I saw it on TV I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes!

Viv said...

I heart "fashion road kill". I love when she is in the men's undies and that song 'Got To Be Real" is playing and she does the model walk in her apartment. I could so relate..except um I don't have her hot bod!

I love the way everyone looked. The hat not so much, but it's a very English thing I guess. LOL!

Margo said...

I didn't care for the hat, but I have no fashion sense.

I immediately started hearing "Ladies Who Lunch" in my head when I read your post title!

David Dust said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
David Dust said...

Stritchy! One of the most fantastic Broadway performances EVER!

And SJP's hat is one of the most fantastic hats EVER.

XOXO

AnnaBanana said...

Let's meet up for the movie and wear crazy hats!!
Might even be worth trekking outside the loop to go to a movie theater that has table service during the movie (Alamo Drafthouse or one of the others).

Hats are fun. I'm fun. Therefore, I like hats. Most any hat. Even that crazy-a$$ one.

SunWolf said...

I love the hat, too! I have enough fancy hats (including some antiques from the 40s and 50s) for all my friends to wear one if we want to go out to tea at the Ritz! With plenty to spare. It's fun to watch heads turn!
Can't wait for the movie.