Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Near Death Experience

This morning when I went running the iPod nano was acting odd toward the end of my run. It kept skipping back to the beginning of Rappers Delight.

I didn't think much of it until later in the day when I decided to recharge it.

IT WOULD NOT TURN ON! IT WOULD NOT RECHARGE! IT WOULD NOT RESET!

I toggled the Hold switch. I pressed on the Menu button for more than 10 seconds. And still nothing. I went to website for help and did everything it told me to do. And still nothing. I repeated all of the instructions.

I can't afford to spend $250 on another iPod (red) nano! Without my nano I'd have to talk to people at the gym! I can't have THAT happen.

So I was trying to decide if I should back up everything (since I haven't done that in awhile). If I should just give it a rest and worry about it later or what? The Calvinator knew something was wrong because he was just staring at me.

So I picked up the nano. Said a little prayer to it. Toggled the Hold switch. Pressed on the Menu button and...

It WORKED! Who knew there was a patron saint or guardian angels for iPod nanos?

4 comments:

libhom said...

LOL

Talking to guys at the gym isn't all bad. It can get you laid.

Anonymous said...

maybe i should leave my ipod at home!

A Girl From Texas said...

I walked this morning and was considering taking my ipod with me. But I live in the Heights and there seems to be a lot of morning walkers and they like to be able to say "hello" to you. I somehow feel like I'm being aloof if i walk with it.

I dont' have problems listening to it when I walk at the park, though.

Did you say $250?

Gaslight ;-) said...

I said a hip, hop, a hippy to the hoppity, don't stop a-rocking to the bam-bam boogie say up-jump the boogie to the rhythm of the boogity beat...HARHAR HAHAHA!

I hope that once you're over how annoying that was it will be funny to you, too. :-)