Thursday, May 1, 2008

Today's Scream




Today's scream isn't quite like yesterday's scream. Yesterday's scream was out of pure frustration and anxiety and losing sleep over something.

Today I got all gussied up and went to a meeting. I had previously met two of the three people and there was a new face at the table. All of them are very nice and have good intentions.

So we're sitting there talking and some words came out of my mouth that I'm sorta wishing I hadn't said and then they kept coming out. You know sort of like diarrhea of the mouth. Normally I choose my words very carefully but I was getting a bit frustrated with these nice people and I thought, "Well, the floodgates are open so just way what's are your mind." So I did.

I think I surprised them but I also think they appreciated my balls to the wall attitude and bluntness. We'll see.

2 comments:

Margo said...

Sometimes that is exactly what's called for and may get you further than you think. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Viv said...

I hope your balls to the wall attitude is something can apperciate. It is a great quality.