Thursday, September 20, 2007

What would you do if...

I was supposed to meet RunnerOne this morning at 545A for a jaunt around Memorial Park. When I woke up at 445A, I had a text mssg stating that he wasn't feeling well and wouldn't make it. So...what to do? Go back to bed? Go for a run?

Calvin was still asleep and mozied over to the couch and went back to sleep while I putzed around trying to decide what to do. I was feeling a bit run down and couldn't figure out why and then I remembered that I had a "few" glasses of Flying Pig Shiraz with dinner on Wednesday night.
EDIT: It isn't Flying Pig Shiraz. It is Pigs In The Sky Shiraz.

A small group of us did a pre-birthday dinner celebration for Nichole at Vietnamese Restaurant on 19th Street in The Heights. Good food at a reasonable price with a personable restaurant owner/chef and lots of gossip and laughter makes for a fun evening.

So anywho...after our morning walk and lookout for burglars, I went to Memorial Park and did a 3 mile run. After my run I made my way to the office. On my way I was listening to Sam Malone. His morning crew was talking about O.J. Simpson flying back to Ft. Lauderdale after he was released on bail. From what I understand, O.J. flew in Coach and people were taking photos of him, etc.


So the question presented to Sam's listeners was: "What would you do if you were on a plane with O.J.?" The responses were varied. I didn't have the radio station's phone number but this is what I would have said to Sam: "I would check the in-flight magazine to look at the movie listings to determine if Snakes On A Plane was the movie they would be showing."


And I guess it's time for the Las Vegas Office of Tourism to change their catch phrase because based on O.J.'s escapades it is obvious that what happens in Vegas doesn't stay in Vegas!

No comments: