Sunday, September 23, 2007

Do You Want To Funk?

I returned to NoRO a little while ago after spending part of the day at Rich's. Krewe of Olympus hosted a Trash Disco Party. We had about 300 or so people show up. Many of us were reliving our high school or college days. I knew it was going to be a fun time when the first song played was the EP of Blondie's Heart of Glass. I think my vinyl disc is still in storage at Joe & Helen's. I *heart* Heart of Glass.

Kudos go out to Blaine for putting this together.

I'm sure people will be calling their chiropractors tomorrow to get an adjustment. They were boogie oogie oogoing 'til they just couldn't boogie no more. And I had a brain fart today. I couldn't remember the dance steps to the Bee Gees' Night Fever.

One song that wasn't played (and trust me most of the disco hits were played in a three hour period) is Sylvester's Do You Want To Funk? This is by no means moi in the video but if you want to dance alone in your living room, click on the play button.


I'm probably going to be feeling a little tired in the morning. I think I had one too many beers. Normally I'm a vodka drinker but I knew that I had to get home, walk The Calvinator and get something to eat. And the Macho Nachos from JAX will probably cause my tummy to hurt in the a.m. Also, I'm carb friendly and beer has carbs and if I decide to run in the a.m., I'll be loaded up on carbs!

Well the problem with drinking beer is that it makes me pee...and pee...and pee. And speaking of pee, did you see the article in today's Parade Magazine? One of the first things I learned when I started running is to look at the color of your pee to determine if you are hydrated. Later on, I realized that taking any type of a B complex vitamin will make your pee glow in the dark...sort of. Anywho, the link to the article isn't available but it was very interesting.

So when I'm talking about pee and Sylvester is asking Do You Want To Funk?...I guess it is time to say goodnight.

No comments: