Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Ellie Mae


In a previous post, I mentioned the amount of severe thunderstorms that we seem to be getting in NoRO. I'll say it again, I think Mother Nature is upset with the way trees have been cut and green space taken away to make way for new development.

One of the things that I have noticed is the amount of critters that seem to hang out in the yard. You see, on this block of Roy St. I am one of two houses with a front and back yard. There's a house further down that only has a front yard. Everything else is town homes. The bois next door have a backyard but it is a swimming pool.

The critters have no place to roam so they come to my yard at night to play. And trust me, it upsets The Calvinator. He is part Wheaten Terrier so that sniff-out-the-rodent instinct is very prevalent.

SIDEBAR: Did you know that the word terrier comes from the word terra?

So in addition to the cats, raccoons and opossums that frolic in the yard, we now have a cotton tail rabbit that comes over to hang out. Calvin watches all of this from the front window. He actually jumps up and down like a little kid and then he yelps and shrieks. It actually scares off some of the little critters.

All of this makes me think of Ellie Mae and her critters. Anybody want some vittles?


nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

In other news...
  • I don't feel good. I didn't sleep well last night. My stomach bothered me all night and here it is around 700P and I'm finally feeling OK. I haven't even read the paper today. I finally jumped in the shower about an hour ago.

  • Today in hurricane history...for the first time in recorded history, two hurricanes made landfall on the same day. Hurricane Felix made landfall in Central America and Hurricane Henriette made landfall in Baja.

Hurricane Felix

Hurricane Henriette

No comments: