Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 4.3

I feel like I have quite a bit to tell you but I'm not sure how much you want to know. So I guess, I'll just jump in and see how much I can ramble.

Trash Disco Party

The Krewe had a party at Rich's on Sunday. I finally got the photos off of my camera sorted through a helluva lot of pics. Here are a few:






To see many, many more pics, click here.

That first pic reminds me of a funny incident from a few years ago. AttyHou and I were at JR's one night. Madonna's cd Ray Of Light had been released and they were showing the video to the title song.

A guy that we know who is really cute and nice but might be short 1 taco on his combination plate walks over and starts singing. Well, the chorus is: And I feel like I just got home And I feel And I feel like I just got home And I feel

However Mr. Cute & Nice is singing: And I feel like a disco ball And I feel And I feel like a disco ball And I feel

We couldn't stop laughing. And to this day whenever I hear Ray Of Light or I see a disco ball I think of that night at JR's.

And before I forget, thank you to everyone who showed up on Sunday!


World AIDS Day

Some of you know that I have volunteered some time to work on World AIDS Day Houston. I will be putting more information out here in a couple of weeks but please know that there will be events happening Nov. 30 - Dec. 2.

We had another meeting last night and I left there feeling good. Sometimes I wonder if the things I do really make a difference and last night was sort of a reaffirmation. I had a good feeling driving through Midtown on my way back to NoRO.

Running

RunnerOne wanted to meet at Rice U yesterday afternoon. I was really dreading it because he has this workout that has me running up and down the stairs. Plus, it was hot! I had already been to LeFittes earlier in the day.

As it turns out, we did a loop around the campus that consisted of alternating jogging with fast running. I kept pace with him until the last segment.

Normally I allow 23-24 hours between runs but if I did that then I wouldn't be able to get a run in today so...

After I dropped off The Calvinator at doggy daycare, I went to Memorial Park for a 3 mile jaunt this morning. Uh...it hurt at first but I ran through the pain and felt good when I finished.

If any of who have ever run a marathon, or you are thinking about it, take a look at this clip for Spirt of the Marathon. I can't necessarily relate to the elite runners but I can relate the Average Joes in the movie.

The Calvinator

I took him to get groomed the other day. He doesn't like to go to the groomer but he always looks so handsome when they're finished with him. On our way home from the groomer I took him to Memorial Park. A lady stopped and said how cute he looked. After she walked away, I said, "You see!"

Anywho...I took this photo of him on Monday.

And Tuesday, he tried to maul me again. Well, it turns out I was sitting on the cushion where he had hidden his rawhide. Once I got out of the way and he was able to get it, he was fine. Or maybe he tried to maul me because he didn't like wearing my sunglasses. I don't get it. They're Oakleys! It's not like a put a pair from the Dollar Store on him.

He is passed out right now. I just love it when he goes to doggy daycare!

1 comment:

Margo said...

Your Ray of Light/Disco Ball story reminds me of a comment my husband made to me the other day. He confessed that he enjoys watching The Singing Bee with me not because he likes the show, but because he likes to hear what I think the lyrics should be as I sing along with the contestants. It appears that I have been providing quite some humor and we weren't having the couple bonding moments I thought we were! :)