Friday, September 7, 2007

What A Croc!

Let me first state these facts:

1) I *heart* Tim Gunn

2) I *heart* LoneStarSteve


One of the good things about *hearting* people is that you can agree to disagree and not be offended when comments are made about your attire; just so long as they are willing to accept criticism about their attire.

Tim became popular during the first season of Project Runway. Along with super model Heidi Klum, designer Michael Kors and Nina Garcia Fashion Editor for ELLE Magazine (you have say Nina's name and title all in one breath and with a German accent like Heidi Klum otherwise it doesn't work), Tim offered their opinions about the designers' creations. "Make it work." and "Carry on." are Tim's signature phrases. He is quite eloquent when he speaks and I would love to have dinner and cocktails with him one night and watch him cut loose.



The other day, the Houston Chronicle published a Q & A with Tim Gunn. There were two things that I had to read twice because I just don't agree with Tim:

Q.: What fashion trend should never come back?
A.: Crocs. They're just appalling.


Q.: What's the least fashionable item in your closet?
A.: A pair of cargo shorts.


WHAT????!!!!

I *heart* my Crocs! They are so comfortable. They're great for walking The Calvinator in the rain. They're great for slipping on to run some errands. They're great for slipping on before and after a run so that I don't have to wear dirty running shoes in the car. They're great for wearing to the Spin Room so that I don't have to walk (and sound like I'm tap dancing on the gym floor and who knows WHAT would happen if I was heard tapping in the locker room...thanx Larry Craig) in the cycling shoes.

So I send LoneStarSteve (another Tim Gunn aficionado) an e-mail about how I disagree with Tim Gunn's opinion of the Crocs. In part, this is what HE says...

...all i can remember thinking was: they need to collect up all of those 'alleged' shoes and burn them in a big pile. and then they need to destroy the original molds so that no more can be produced.

You win some and you lose some.


Here are my Crocs.

And I don't know how many pairs of cargo shorts I have but they're quite handy when you have to carry around different gadgets. They're much more accepted than a man purse.


nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn


Weekend Plans

I was supposed to go on a road trip this weekend but that has been delayed until later in the month. Nothing wrong with being flexible with your plans, right?

Will definitely get up tomorrow morning and do a 7 or 8 mile run. Putz around during the day and then do dinner with some friends.

Sunday will probably consist of my normal Sunday morning routine and then I'll catch the matinee performance of Whistle Down The Wind and then attend an evening Mass at St. Anne's, St. Theresa's or St. Michael's.

CORRECTION on 9/9/07: I found out this morning that the show starts it previews today and actually opens on 9/13/07.

SIDEBAR: When I purchased my ticket for Whistle Down The Wind, I didn't realize that the national tour is starting here in Houston and the 200P performance will be their first performance. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

When Whatever Happened To Baby Jane? The Musical premiered here in Houston, I was there on opening night and it was uh...hmmm...pretty bad. A stage hand got caught on stage and stayed there through the scene. Some of the props didn't work. Cues were missed. And we were laughing at parts that I later found out weren't supposed to be funny. Plus parts of the story didn't make any sense.

I thought it was a campy musical...the director, the producer, the lyricist and everyone else associated with the production had other thoughts. If memory serves me well, it never made it to Broadway.

No comments: