Sunday, September 16, 2007

Day After Tomorrow

When I last left you, I had posted photo of a pot of Jambalaya and I promised more info tomorrow. Well, tomorrow (which was Saturday) is done and gone so here it is Sunday which is the day after tomorrow. (And now I'm humming Tomorrow from Annie.)
Quite a bit has transpired in the past few days; all of it good. And rather than give you a recap of the past few days and bore you, I'll do it in snippets so that you will come back to find out what happens next and still be bored.

In anticipation of Humberto showing up on Thursday, I did all of my grocery shopping for Tropical Depression #46 on Wednesday. So Thursday, I went ahead and started some of the prep work for making Jambalaya.

Thursday night Everyday Italian, AttyHou and I went to Eastman Gallery for a gallery opening. Legacy received a portion of the proceeds from the evening. Ran into some art aficionados that I had not seen in awhile. Of course with this group, all you had to say was open bar and they're there! It has nothing to do with viewing and/or purchasing art.


I REALLY wanted to go workout on Friday but cooking the Jambalaya took most of the morning. I had errands to run and things to do and before I knew it I had to start getting ready to see Linda Eder. The performance started at 700P so that also meant not eating dinner since I didn't eat lunch until 200P.

Everyday Italian, AttyHou and I trotted our happy asses down to the Wortham Center. Living in NoRO makes it VERY convenient to the Theatre District. We live about 3 miles from the district and I really should take advantage of the proximity.

Anywho, Bret and Karl from the 006 met us there. Many familiar faces were in the audience including Realtor Ben and Realtor Alan who were 2 rows behind us.

Prior to Linda coming onstage Scott Brogan from Brilliant Lectures spoke about upcoming shows. He said that Julie Andrews will be in Houston in December. Then he said Diana Ross will be here in February '08. When he said that, there was a collective gay gasp and we started laughing. We weren't laughing at Diana Ross. We were laughing because there was no response from the audience when he mentioned Julie Andrew's name but Diana Ross gets a collective gay gasp!

Linda Eder put on a wonderful show! She was backed by a small group of musicians so it was just them and her on the stage. I'd like to say that she sang ALL of my favorites but well...she left out I Am What I Am and Something To Believe In.

And she really is a true professional. During a ballad there was an audio problem (too many details) and she stopped the song and made a couple of jokes and said she would come back to the song later. Later in the evening when she was doing a different song there was a tacet in the music and someone's cell phone starts to ring. She just smiled, sort of chuckled and kept on with the song. Of course, once the piece was finished she had a comment. In both instances she could have had a diva moment and thrown a tantrum but she dealt with the situation at hand.

I'm really glad that we made the time to see her. If you ever have the opportunity to see her perform, make the effort.

Oh...and of course I had to buy the limited edition or Barnes & Noble exclusive of her new cd. Well actually, I was going to pay but AttyHou threw his money in front of mine and paid and wished me a happy birthday.

So that gets us through Friday night. I'll be back with more weekend stuff!

No comments: