Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Waiting For Godot...uh, I mean Humberto

OK. So I sorta missed the last weather forecast and I've been looking at satellite images and someone is getting quite a bit of rain right now but it isn't raining in NoRO...yet. I did hear that if you live east of I-45 you had a high probability of getting hit hard. Well, I live about 3 miles west of I-45 so I don't nuthin' 'bout birthin' babies...I mean about storm tracking.

It has been odd today 'cause clouds are swirling all around us. Coming at us from different directions. That how it is with tropical storms. Ya just never know which way the rain is gonna come from.

It did rain for a bit while I was at LeFittes but by the time I finished there was some sun peeking through the clouds.

With all of these clouds swirling around me, I found myself humming Judy Collins' Both Sides Now.

Bows and flows of angel hair and ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons everywhere,
I've looked at clouds that way
But now they only block the sun they rain and snow on everyone
So many things I would have done, but clouds got in my way

I've looked at clouds from both sides now
From up and down and still somehow
It's cloud's illusions I recall
I really don't know clouds at all

545P CDT 091207 Looking South from NoRO

555P CDT 091207 Looking south at from the NoRO/RO border

740P CDT 091207 Looking west from NoRO

No comments: