Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Ramblings Of A Caffeinated Mind 4.0

Stormy Weather


Yesterday was wet. There's no other way to describe it. The day started off dry but we were warned it would rain.

Mid-morning I not only ventured OTL (Outside The Loop), I went OTB (Outside The Beltway)! I needed to check out a place in Missouri City to see if they had some paper that I was looking for.

Found it on Google but instinct told me there was a better way to get there. I went with Google...instinct was correct. I took a different way back ITL (Inside The Loop), ran a few errands and tried to get home before it rained. I wasn't successful.


Storm clouds coming in from the Gulf. Photo taken on Hwy. 6...somewhere in Ft. Bound County.



On Hwy. 6 heading toward US 59. The sun was shining but it was raining on me.



In RO @ Kirby & San Felipe looking west trying to get to NoRO.


@ the RO and NoRO border; Shepherd @ Memorial heading northWindshield wipers were on high speed.



Merman (and I don't mean Ethel)


Last week, Everyday Italian and AttyHou returned from their holiday. Due to Hurricane Dean, they made a detour to Key West. As they were strolling the streets they saw a large version of a merman and thought of me. Turns out, the store had the ornament for sell. So my souvenir is Mr. Martini.



They told me to put it on my Christmas tree. Why wait? I think it needs to go on permanent display.

Bois Night

I think there might have been a tsetse fly that was hanging out with those fire ants on Sunday. I took a 2 hour nap yesterday afternoon. Something about the pitter-patter of rain makes me drowsy.

AttyHou called around 530P and woke me up to find out if I still wanted to go to Cafe A-Do-Me. An hour later, The Calvinator had been walked, I had showered and we were on our way with RRTStephen & RRTJohn.

It had been awhile since I had been to Cafe A-Do-Me on a Monday night. The usual suspects were there. Nice to know that some things don't change. ;-)

We had great conversation with our libations and food. I think I ate too many tortilla chips 'cause I couldn't finish my meal.

A fun time was had by all.

2 comments:

mjr1066 said...

I cannot believe you went to 'the village' and didn't call me! I was somewhat in the are too. Twelve lashes with a wet noodle! Did you find what you were looking for? Were they fabulous to you??

Timmy said...

mjr1066: It was a last minute decision to go to MO City. I was trying to weigh the weather options. And no they didn't have what I was looking for.