Saturday, March 29, 2008

Rock Star Status

So this morning I'm taking The Calvinator for his morning walk. There are runners (from Kenyan Way) heading west on Feagan. There is a female lone runner coming toward us. I say, "g'morning" and she nods and says, "g'morning."

Then she says, "Are you Timmy?" I say, "Yes." Turns out it was Leslie a reader of the blog! LOL
She actually recognized Calvin. This isn't the first time this has happened...him being recognized. He's like a rock star and I'm his entourage.

I've often thought that I should trademark his face and name and do a line of t-shirts, hats, cards, etc. and make some money off his face.

Leslie...it was a pleasure meeting you. Hope you had a good run. I'm about to head out myself.

6 comments:

Leslie F. said...

It was so great to finally meet you! Well, I suppose we have met before--that time at Starbucks when Jai and I bought everyone coffee on FrogDog. I hope to see you again soon--when I'm less sweaty and there's more time to talk!

Viv said...

LOL! That is so funny. I am hoping to have my own Calvin encounter :-)

SunWolf said...

It's a small world after all.

A Girl From Texas said...

Hey Timmy... I keep an eye out for you and Calvin, too! I was at the Starbucks on detering this afternoon and saw a couple with a dog that looked like a Malamute (sp?). And it made me think of my sister and you.

AnnaBanana said...

Hey! I know Leslie & she found one of my comments on your blog and jumped over to my blog!

Either it's a small world or everyone is stalking Calvin...or Timmy....

Timmy said...

a girl from texas: when The Calvin can learn not to yelp and cry when I leave him alone on the patio so that I can get my coffee, I will take him back to SBUX. :-) He causes a scene and everybody inside stares at me.

annabanana: that is too funny about you and leslie. it's all about 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon or 6 degrees of The Calvinator.