Monday, March 10, 2008

Ramblings of a Stuffy Nose, Coughing Throat & (un)Caffeinated Mind 10.2

Lipstick Jungle

Is anyone else hooked on this show?

Oprah's Big Give
Touched By An Angel aired on Sunday nights on CBS. This was a few years ago. It would make me cry. I stopped watching it for that reason and then it moved to another night of the week and then it got yanked off the air completely.

So then I started watching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Well that would make me cry. I got tired of crying on Sunday nights so fortunately CBS started airing The Amazing Race and other stuff up against Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.

Well, now ABC is showing Oprah's Big Give and for two Sundays in a row that show has made me cry...and it has only aired twice!
If you're not familiar with the show, here is a brief synopsis.

The contestants are give some money and have a limited amount of time to make a difference in the life of someone. "Give big or go home." is the motto.

Last night the contestants were flown to Denver and were told to find somebody to help and they had to do it in 48 hours.

This is the one that made me cry: One of the contestants found an agency that helps women who are HIV positive. She took the women to a spa and to a restaurant for a nice dinner. Listening to the stories made me cry.

One may look what she did and question how this helped the women? Other contestants were giving away cash and getting stuff donated and this one contestant didn't do any of that. She treated the women with respect and made them feel good about themselves even if was just for a day.

So this show has me thinking, "If had 48 hours and $5000 to make a difference in the life of someone, what would I do?"

Dreams
I'm sure it is the medicine I'm taking because I had a really restless night and the dream(s)...it seemed like one long one...wore me out.

It started off in a restaurant banquet room. It was very bright in the room due to all of the windows. Politicians and friends were there. Not sure what was being discussed but I remember everybody started smoking cigarettes...even people that I know who don't smoke...and I was getting upset. I started telling them that there was a ban on smoking in restaurants and they said that only applied to the City of Houston, not Harris County and we weren't in Houston.

Next thing I know I'm being questioned by a Grand Jury about behavior in the banquet room. I was specifically asked if a congressman had pulled out his penis and showed it to everyone and was he hitting on male interns? I replied that I had not seen any such behavior but that people were smoking and I was really upset about that because I couldn't enjoy my food. The judge told me it only applied to the City of Houston, blah, blah, blah and I was finished in the court room.

Next thing I know I'm in a taxi with someone and the vehicle is going down a very narrow street (maybe an alley?) in New York City. Note: I don't see the driver in this dream. So then a guy jumps into the taxi with a knife and stabs the other passenger! I'm doing everything I can to get away from the guy with the knife and everything just sort of stops and goes black.

Next thing I remember I'm still in the taxi but it has been wedged between two 18-wheelers. The stabbing victim is dead and so is the guy who did the stabbing. I have to crawl over two dead bodies and squeeze through an opening to get out and then climb over one of the trucks.

The first thing I notice is how quiet it is. Remember, I'm in New York City so there should be some sound.

I walk down the narrow street and get to a big street and there is no one there. Trees are down and houses are damaged and it is wet and the sky is an ominous green. I can't figure out what happened and then it starts to rain.

Then a car comes down the wrong side of the street and the driver rolls down his window. He says, "I can't believe you survived that!" I asked him what happened and he said a tornado struck New York City and to his knowledge everybody is dead.

I look across the street and there are two women coming toward me and one of them can barely walk. They are both in business attire and one of them has a broken leg. I run over to help and I tell her that she needs to take off her stiletto heels and she refuses to do so.

The dream continues with me telling somebody about the dream and I can't get the facts in order and I really want to because I want to figure out what it means!

***end of dream***

3 comments:

Viv said...

That was a wild dream. I was laughing at the pulling out the penis and hitting the interns with it, hehehe.
OK Lipstick Jungle..LOVE IT!
I am not sure if it is the whole Kirby story line or what, but I am HOOKED! Gotta give the Oprah show a try next weekend.

Timmy said...

I like the Victory Ford storyline especially when she shoved Reese(sp) into the ice sculpture. Maybe it is because it is fashion related and I want to be a fashionista.

And the whole Kirby story line, isn't that a given? LOL

nickabouttown said...

Lipstick Jungle is ok. I have it on the Tivo for when there is nothing else on, but I wouldn't consider it appointment television. I just watched the episode from two weeks ago when they show Kirby working at the bar. He looks so weird with a shirt on...seriously, almost kind of oddly proportioned. He just needs to be shirtless all the time!

I really like Kim Raver as an actress, and I dunno if I buy Brook Shields getting schtuped on the spin cycle...