Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dancing With The Stars (season premiere) Part II

I'm sorta having writer's block and the only thing I feel like blogging about is Dancing With The Stars. I have three things to work on today and maybe once I get that stuff off of my plate I'll have more to say...but then, maybe not.

So last night, the women danced. Remember, they have to do everything the men do except backwards and in heels.

I must say that Priscilla Presley amazed me. She did such a good job and I think I saw Lisamarie in the audience. I guess I forget that Priscilla really is a quiet person. It is easily forgotten because: a) she married Elvis; b) she was in the Naked Gun movies; c) she was on Dallas. When you put yourself out there it seems that you are a very public person. However, listening to her post-dance interview I remembered that she really doesn't like the limelight. Maybe being on this show is a step in overcoming her shyness.

Kristi Yamaguchi rocks! She did a great job and the judges rewarded her with high scores. Having to live by a training routine for so many years is probably an advantage. I'm not one to subscribe to the thought that just because she is an ice skater she has an advantage.
Marlee Matlin can Cha Cha. On Monday's show she said to read her hips and there was quite a bit to read last night. She is another one who amazes me because she can't hear the music.

The person that made me laugh the most was Marissa Jaret Winokur. That girl has WAY TOO MUCH energy. LOL I agree with the judges though. Tony didn't use her enough in the dance. I have a feeling that it was all about Tony last night. Did you see those pants? And this isn't meant to sound like a jealous remark but does he have to dance around 1/2-nekkid on the telly? I guess if I had a chest like his I'd probably do the same thing.

And how cool was it that Rikki Lake (the original Tracy Turnblad) was in the audience last night. Which makes me think of Divine who played her mother in the original movie.

Not sure if I have ever posted this Divine quote but if I have then here it is again: "All my life I've wanted to look like Elizabeth Taylor and now she looks like me."

2 comments:

Viv said...

The ladies you mentioned did great! I think Kristie does have a natural grace about her. I am liking this season.

A Girl From Texas said...

I really like PP. I don't know what it is about her. Maybe it is the fact that she is so quiet.