Monday, March 17, 2008

Dancing With The Stars (season premiere)

Tonight was the season premiere of Dancing With The Stars. They actually have people that could really be considered stars! As always, there are a few that I have not heard but then I had never heard of Helio Castroneves until last season and I became a fan.

Here are some observations from tonight's show.

The opening number with all of the professionals was great. I think Derek Hough and Mark Ballas should date and become a dance couple. They'd win every competition!


Tonight was the men's competition and Penn Jillette of Penn & Teller was told that his routine looked like Shrek Does The Cha Cha. I think I even saw Teller laugh and get excited.
Edyta danced tonight with Jason Taylor. I swear she must have 2% body fat. There is something kind of sexy and naughty about her. She wears the skimpiest outfits...because she can.
I had never heard of Cristián de la Fuente. He is an actor from Chile and he is funny. The judges gave him sevens. He said that in Chile seven is the highest score you can receive so he did great! LOL
I think Bruno and Carrie Ann are in love with him. Bruno told him (about Cheryl) “She’s banged, you have to bang as hard as she does.” and “and we’re going to be on top of you until you do so.” Tom Bergeron said it was time for the kids to get to bed. Carrie Ann was having to fan herself after Cristián's Cha Cha.
Maks did not return this season. I know that a certain reader of this blog was considering boycotting the show. She is a big of Maks. Fabian Sanchez from Birmingham, Alabama...yes, from Alabama has replaced Maks. We won't know until Tuesday how he compares because the female celebrities don't dance until then.
On Tuesday, Marlee Matlin will dance. Marlee is deaf so this will be interesting only because I think she will do a great job. I went to high school with a girl who was deaf but was a dancer and a good one at that!
Monica Seles will dance tomorrow night. I know there is someone out there making a joke about I hope that knife in her back doesn't get in the way but far be it from me to make a joke about it.


And I can't not comment on this photo of Priscilla Presley. I guess tomorrow night when they interview her it will be Interview With The Vampire.

5 comments:

A Girl From Texas said...

Presley sort of looks like Kate Walsh in this photo. I like her look very much. There is something so exotic about it.

Margo said...

I didn't boycott it, but I only tuned in for the last 1/2 hour. The only dancer I saw was Steve Guttenberg. Fabian doesn't look like he can hold a candle to Maks, but we'll see how his dancing compares. Not going to tune in tonight until after The Biggest Loser. Monica Seles looks kinda like Celine Dion - do you think she had some work done?

A Girl From Texas said...

Oh Margo, good call. She does look like Celine Dion. Interesting. Hmmm

Timmy said...

a girl from texas: well, she looks much better on the telly than she does in the photo. I have to admit something.

I had a photo retouched one time and by the time the guy was finished I almost didn't recognize myself!

margo: you're right! I kept staring at her last night and I kept thinking she looked like someone and you just nailed it!

about marlee matlin...someone did a voice over on the pre-recorded comments for her which I thought was odd because I've heard her talk before. anyway, she made me laugh when she said, "Read my hips." LOL

Viv said...

LOL! Since I knew that was Margo! Monica just looks weird..I am loving Cristian. I have yet to pick my favs for this season.