Friday, March 7, 2008

Friday Rant


How many phone calls should a customer have to initiate to get the status on a repair? If you've been following this blog, you will remember that the transmission on The Cal Mobile went out last Saturday.

I had it towed to Freeway Ford on Saturday. Didn't hear anything on Monday so I called. Didn't get much information. Didn't hear anything on Tuesday. Didn't hear anything on Wednesday so I called. Was told the part had been ordered and the car would be ready on Friday.

Well, here it is Friday and still no Cal Mobile. I figured they were waiting until it was ready to call me. A bit after 4 (after not hearing anything since I called on Wednesday) today, I called and was told I would get a call back. Over an hour went by and still no return phone call. So I called only to be told they still didn't have the part and it will be Monday. Uh huh...sure...and let me sell you some beachfront property in Tempe, Arizona.

I guess what gets me about all of this is that I had to initiate all communication with them. Hmmm....whatever happened to customer service?

As I told the guy when I last spoke to him, good news or bad news it would have been nice to have received a phone call from them rather than leave me sitting here wondering what's going on.

And so, I'll continue to wonder if The Cal Mobile will really be ready on Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday...

It's always easier to look back and think woulda, coulda, shoulda. I shoulda and coulda spent the money to get the Corolla fixed up instead of buying The Cal Mobile. It may have been an old car but it was still running...and I saw it going down through the neighborhood the other day while I sat here without a vehicle.

You know....you watch the news about someone snapping and doing something violent and you wonder what caused it? I'm willing to bet that dealing with a car repair is the reason some times.

Story at 10p on the news.

4 comments:

mjr1066 said...

Oh Timmy, I feel your pain. I recall one time many years ago when my vehicle at that time was in the shop--at the dealer. Unfortunately the service writer I normally worked with had left and I was stuck with some green kid who sounds much like whoever you've been dealing with. The final straw for me was when I called to check and was told "ma'm, I don't know where the hell your vehicle is". I demanded to speak to a supervisor immediately and after that never had one bit of problem with the dealer. So my advice, talk to the head of the service department and explain how you've been treated and how you expect/want to be treated. See if he/she will handle things from here or ask if you could be 'assigned' a service writer who can meet your needs and who can take care of any future needs. When I used the dealer I dealt only with the head of the service department or one particular service writer only. I received excellent service but had to go through quite a bit of initial heartache to get to that point. I could be wrong but it may have helped that I have purchased several vehicles from them.

Viv said...

Timmy that is terrible customer service, they shoulda called you no doubt. Than the jacking around that is worst than the deed itself. I hope you get it back Monday. Hang in there :-)

Anonymous said...

hang in there. let me know if you need a lift anywhere.

mjr1066 has great advice.

Margo said...

That totally sucks!! I'm around this weekend too if you need to get anywhere. You just have to put up with my hacking and sneezing. ;>)