Saturday, March 8, 2008

Ramblings of a Stuffy Nose, Coughing Throat & Caffeinated Mind 10.1

Blogger Meets Blogger
I haven't been running or working out. I haven't been feeling too perky. It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood so I decided to stroll over to the Tennis Center at Memorial Park and get some type of physical exercise today. I thought it was 1.5 miles but that is just to the edge of the park. According to Map My Run it's about 2.2.

Anywho, I found out that Brettcajun was in H-town this weekend playing tennis. It's always cool to meet a fellow blogger.

Had some difficulty getting to him because there were tennis balls flying everywhere and gates and fences. Finally made the connection.

He had commented in his blog that he likes Texas. It got me to thinking how much I like Louisiana and the folks that live there. I seem to relate better to the people of southern Louisiana...nothing against the northern folks, OK? Maybe it is the Gulf Coast connection or the I-10 connection or just the laid back attitude and overall friendliness of the people.

So here we are outside of the Tennis Center. He looks good. I have crows feet and I look like I don't have a chin or a neck. I really do! I really, really do!

Flowers
Here are flowers that are blooming in NoRO. Kinda pretty.


Things that make you go hmmm
So the other day I was out walking The Calvinator and I thought I saw a tumbleweed. We don't get tumbleweeds in NoRO.

Upon further inspection and before Calvin peed on it, I realized it is a Christmas tree. Someone has been storing this in their house since November/December and they're JUST tossing it out? So they just threw it in the street. Hmmm

3 comments:

Brettcajun said...

It was really nice to meet you. I was probably really smelly in this photo huh? I am sorry. I had been playing tennis for four hours. LOL. I smell better after a shower! Thanks for meeting me out. It was a pleasure to met you Timmy! :)

Timmy said...

brettcajun: having a stuffy nose, I coudln't smell anything. LOL Pleasure meeting you too. Enjoy stay in H-town!

mjr1066 said...

Here's one for you....there's an apartment on the other side of my coplex who still has their tree up as well as LARGE outside decorations (kinda surprised the complex hasn't done something about the outside decor). The tree appears to be rather large and in front of their patio door. I hardly have room for my little Charlie Brown tree so I have no idea how they can handle having their monster--and for such an extended period of time...they must not have any furniture.

On another note, I feel for you with the stuffiness. I've been dealing with nonstop sneezing the past couple of days.